Installing TWRP Recovery on the Oppo Find 5 smartphone means you can do a good deal of jobs you couldn’t otherwise have done from a stock recovery. The possibilities are nearly endless: backing up, uploading zip files, restoring, mounting partitions, using new settings, hitting the advanced tab and using some terminal commands, rebooting and more.
These are the guidelines to install TWRP Recovery on Oppo Find 5 smartphones.
- You must have the Oppo Find 5’s bootloader unlocked before you can follow this guide to installing a custom recovery on the device.
- You can only use the file that is in this guide on the Oppo Find 5 smartphone otherwise you will likely brick whatever device you are attempting to install it on.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the universal ADB Driver on your computer and install it before you start with the guide. Attempting the guide without the adequate drivers could result in the programs on the computer not picking up your device. In this instance, it would be the adb commands not working without the adb drivers up to date.
- Unlock the Developer Options if it is currently a hidden menu on the Oppo Find 5 smartphone by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number 7 times. You will see the display let you now that the Developer Options menu is now available for your Oppo Find 5 device. Otherwise it will let you know that the Developer Options menu is already unlocked.
- Enter the Developer Options menu on the Oppo Find 5 by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON OPPO FIND 5
- Download the TWRP Recovery image for the Oppo Find 5 smartphone from this link.
- Set up adb on the computer you are working with during the guide.
- Open the folder containing adb and copy the TWRP image over to the same folder so they are both in the same directory.
- Connect the Oppo Find 5 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- From within your adb and TWRP folder, hold the Shift key down and right-click the mouse anywhere in the folder where there are no files.
- Choose to open a new command prompt window from the new menu that pops out.
- Type the first command to get your Oppo Find 5 in bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Type the next command to flash your custom recovery on the Oppo Find 5 smartphone:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Type the final command to reboot:
On occasion, issuing the reboot command can have the Oppo Find 5 smartphone wiping over the custom recovery with the stock recovery. That problem can be easily fixed by looking up the button combination to enter recovery mode on the Oppo Find 5 and pressing it just after you type the “fastboot reboot” command in the command prompt. You should now find the Oppo Find 5 boots in the TWRP Recovery and you will never see the stock recovery again until you choose to flash it on your device later down the track.