Advertising revenue is the only way sites like us continue creating content and without ad revenue coming in, the quality of content available on the web would suffer dramatically due to writers having to pack up and leave for other jobs. Attempting to hide the fact that Ad Blockers exist out there would be useless, so anyone who wants to put us out of our misery can do it now.
The best way to stop ads showing on your display is by using the AdBlock Plus app that is available for rooted users. The best part about it is that it is free to install for everyone like you. The worst part about it, if you care, is that the creator is quite wealthy from donations and he even makes deals with advertisers to allow some ads to penetrate through the block so they do come up on your display. The owner also gets rich off that too, all while slowing killing parts of the internet. That’s nothing you probably care about though, so just go download and enjoy your ad free display.
- You must unlock the bootloader on your Motorola Moto G 2015 smartphone before you can follow this guide, or install a custom recovery on the device.
- You must have a custom recovery installed on the Motorola Moto G 2015 before you can flash the SuperSU in this guide. We recommend installing TWRP Recovery so you have the features you need.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Note that unlocking the bootloader, installing a custom recovery and rooting the Motorola Moto G device is voiding your warranty. You would need to unroot, flash the stock recovery and lock the bootloader again before sending it away for free repairs under warranty. You should find that flashing your stock ROM will take care of most of those things. Anyone still needing to lock the bootloader can do that using adb and adb commands from a command prompt window on your Windows computer. All you need to do is put the Moto G in fastboot mode and then apply the “fastboot oem lock begin” command from the command prompt window. Once you have done that, now it’s time to flash your official stock firmware. Once the firmware is flashed, type the command “fastboot oem lock”. That should be the way you relock the bootloader using adb on most Motorola devices.
HOW TO ROOT MOTOROLA MOTO G 2015 RUNNING ON THE ANDROID 6.0 MARSHMALLOW UPDATE
- Download the SuperSU by Chainfire for your third-generation Motorola Moto G smartphone from here.
- Connect the Motorola Moto G 2015 to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the SuperSU to the internal storage SD card and then unplug your device from the computer when you’re done.
- Boot the Motorola Moto G smartphone to recovery mode.
- Choose the Backup option from your recovery menu if you want to make a copy of your data before applying the changes. Since you are already rooted, you can make use of that backup by installing the NANDroid Manager application.
- Choose the ‘Install’ option from the main recovery menu and browse the SD card for the SuperSU.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to flash that package on your device and then choose the ‘Reboot System’ option from your main recovery menu.
In conclusion, that’s how to root the Motorola Moto G 2015 smartphone running on the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update.