ClockworkMod Recovery might not be the main custom recovery to install any more but it’s still good enough to do the job on your Micromax Canvas Xpress 4G device. There’s really nothing you won’t get out of the ClockworkMod Recovery that you were hoping to get out of TWRP apart from the touch-based user interface.
These are the instructions to install CWM Recovery on the Micromax Canvas Xpress 4G Q413 smartphone:
- The following guide is prepared for the Canvas Xpress 4G device from Micromax with the Q413 model number. Do not use the file found in this guide on any other device unless you know for sure that it works. You could brick your device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- It’s a good idea to install the universal Windows ADB Driver on your computer before getting the guide under way.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode on the Micromax handset by tapping on the Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Anyone who doesn’t see the Developer Options menu coming from the Canvas Xpress Settings can tap on the Settings > About Device > Build Numbers 7 times and unlock the hidden menu. Now when you go back to the Settings menu you will see it there.
- Micromax Canvas Xpress owners should know that by installing a custom recovery on the device you are agreeing to void the warranty. That will be the case until you flash the stock recovery back on the device at a later date.
HOW TO INSTALL CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY ON MICROMAX CANVAS XPRESS 4G Q413
- Download the ClockworkMod Recovery from here directly to the desktop of the computer.
- Download the SP Flash Tool from here.
- Open the SP Flash Tool and then load the scatter file which is available from the recovery link.
- Locate the CWM recovery file from the file and then choose to unheck all options apart from the recovery.
- Turn off the Canvas Xpress device and then pull out the battery and put it back in position again. Do not turn the phone back on.
- Click on the ‘Download’ button from the flashing tool’s user-interface and then connect your smartphone to the computer using the USB cable while it is still off.
- Wait until you get the large green tick coming on the display, signifying that you are done.
In conclusion, that’s all you need to install a custom recovery on the Micromax Canvas Xpress 4G Q413 smartphone. Your custom recovery will be useful for recovering the device like your stock recovery, taking complete backups without the adb commands from a computer, installing mods, ROMs and new kernels.
Now that you do have a custom recovery installed on the Micromax Canvas Xpress 4G handset, it’s time to check out how to root the Micromax Canvas Xpress 4G so you can continue on with your customizing of the device. You don’t have to root the device if you don’t want to but it will help with your custom ROMs and custom kernels.