The International model of the Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone is finding a new over the air update arriving to notification panels. The update owners are finding the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update with the G920FXXU3DPBG build number. Follow the guide after the break to learn how to install the same manually on your Galaxy S6 with the model number SM-G920F.
- The following guide is intended for the Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone with the model number SM-G920F and it’s very important you do not flash the same file on any other device. You can find out the model number of your Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number.
- You must have a computer that is running Windows for an operating system to follow this guide. The Odin application is made by Samsung developers to work on Windows operating systems only and will not operate on OS X or Linux-based operating systems.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode from the Samsung Galaxy S6’s Settings by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Anyone who needs the Developer Options menu to appear can make that happen now by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Us > Build Number 7 times and then head back to the Settings and it should be there.
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers directly to the computer and run them by extracting the file and double-clicking on the executable. You should do that before you start with the steps.
- We recommend creating a backup of your data using applications or the built-in backup functionality that comes with your device. You might also want to sync your Google account on your computer. You shouldn’t lose data when flashing a new stock ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S6; however, you should still make a copy of your data anyway.
HOW TO UPDATE SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 SM-G920F TO ANDROID 6.01 MARSHMALLOW (G920FXXU3DPBG FIRMWARE)
- Download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow file for the S6 G920F from this link.
- Download the Odin flashing tool from this link.
- Extract the files to the desktop of the computer by right-clicking the files > extract here from the menu.
- Double-click the Odin flashing tool executable and the app will open on the desktop.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the AP button from the Odin application on the computer.
- Browse the desktop for your stock ROM for the S6 based on Android 6.01 Marshmallow.
- Do not make any changes to the Odin default settings.
- Click the Start button and then wait for the flashing to complete.
- The Odin application will give you a pass message in the message box to let you know that the flashing is complete.
In conclusion, you all should have the Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F updated to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with the G920FXXU3DPBG firmware build number.
It’s safe to root the device right after flashing the stock ROM if you want to now find out how to root the Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F smartphone running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.