The official TWRP custom recovery is available for the Honor 7i device. Once installed, you can take full backups with little fuss and upload zip files just as easily. TWRP is the most popular custom recovery in the world right now and it’s little wonder why. There is no recovery that comes close to the goodness of the Team Win Recovery Project unless you are running a device with CyanogenMod and would prefer pairing it with the CyanogenMod Recovery.
These are the instructions to flash TWRP Recovery on Huawei Honor 7i device using adb commands from a computer.
- You can only flash the TWRP Recovery in this guide on the Huawei Honor 7i device. You can tap on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number and enter that information in Google to find out what your device is should you require that information.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Some Huawei smartphone might need to change the USB Debugging Mode setting so that it is enabled; do that now by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Once in a while, the Developer Options menu needs unlocking. You can unlock your 7i’s Developer Options menu by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device menu, and then tapping on the Build Number a minimum of 7 times. As soon as it says you are now using the device as a developer, it means you can find your Developer Options menu from the Settings. Enter it now and repeat the step above to turn on the USB Debugging Mode.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON HUAWEI HONOR 7i
- Download the TWRP custom recovery image file from here directly to your computer.
- Now you must set up adb on your computer so you can flash the custom recovery file using the adb commands.
- Extract the TWRP file and copy it over to the same folder as your adb sits.
- Connect the Huawei Honor 7i smartphone to the computer with the USB cable in normal mode.
- From within the same folder as your TWRP image file and the adb, hold the Shift key and right-click where it shows white background to bring up a new menu.
- Choose to open a new command prompt window from the menu.
- Type the first command to check your device is connected and the adb drivers are working:
- Type the second command to reboot your Honor 7i in bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Type the main command to flash the custom recovery:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
– change where it says recovery.img to the real name of your file if it is not listed as the same in your folder
- Type the last command:
Boot the Huawei Honor 7i to recovery mode as soon as it first time boots without it booting the Android operating system first.
By booting the Huawei Honor 7i smartphone directly to the recovery mode, you are eliminating any chance of the stock recovery overriding your work. Anyone who finds the stock recovery is back on the device should repeat the guide and boot in recovery mode after applying the ‘fastboot reboot’ command.