These are the instructions to update the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop manually using the Odin flash tool and a computer running Windows. Anyone who has rooted the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini smartphone should look to update manually and not via the OTA update that rolls out automatically as a message to your device’s notification panels.
These are the instructions to update Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop:
- You must have the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini with the SM-G800F to use this guide. You can check out the model number of your S5 Mini device by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number.
- You must have a Windows computer to flash the official Android 5.1.1. Lollipop firmware file on your device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode on the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Any S5 Mini that cannot advance to the Developer Options menu because it needs unlocking can do that now by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number 7 at least 7 times and it will say you are now using the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini smartphone as a developer. That means the Developer Options men is now unlocked and ready to be opened from the original Settings menu.
HOW TO UPDATE SAMSUNG GALAXY S5 MINI TO ANDROID 5.1.1
- Download the G800FXXU1BOL3 5.1.1 Lollipop update for the S5 Mini smartphone from here.
- Download the latest Odin flashing tool from here.
- Extract the files to the desktop of your Windows PC by right-clicking on the files > choosing extract here from the menu.
- Double-click on the Odin executable.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini smartphone to download mode.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the AP or the PDA button from the Odin flashing tool’s user-interface.
- Just leave the default settings you see from the Odin flashing tool as it is. Do not adjust or modify anything.
- Click the Start button and wait for the official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop software update to be flashed on your S5 Mini.
- Wait until the Odin flashing tool gives you the pass message from the message box before disconnecting from the PC.
You should have no problem rooting the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini running on the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update using Chainfire’s CF-Auto-Root tool. Moreover, a custom recovery like Team Win’s TWRP Recovery is also waiting for you any time you are ready to flash again.