Xiaomi devices rely on USB Drivers for transferring files just like any other device. The USB Drivers on your computer will help make file sharing possible once you connect the Xiaomi Mi 5 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable. Like you know, there is only one way to connect to the computer, and that is via the USB cable. There is a connection between that same USB cable and the USB Drivers. If it wasn’t for the Driver and the cable being able to communicate, none of this would be possible.
USB Drivers will come in handy on a Windows computer if ever you want to transfer files such as the phone contacts, text messages, music files, pictures and video files from one device to the other. Further, the drivers are required if you are using tools on the computer which transfer files. For example, you might be wanting to flash a stock ROM on the Xiaomi Mi 5 smartphone with the help from the flashing tool and the Windows computer. You’ll need the USB Drivers to be working for your flashing tool to flash that stock ROM on your Xiaomi Mi 5 smartphone.
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE XIAOMI MI 5 USB DRIVERS FOR WINDOWS PC
- Download the Xiaomi USB Drivers from this link directly to the computer you want to use your smartphone on.
- Open the default downloads folder and drag your Driver file over to the desktop.
- Right-click on the Driver file and choose thoption that says “extract there” on the menu.
- You should now see the executable file on the desktop; click the executable file (.exe) and the Drivers program will open.
- Click on the ‘Next’ button from the first set of options.
- Click on the ‘Next’ button from the following page.
- Click on the ‘Finish’ button and you’re done.
In conclusion, the Xiaomi USB Drivers are now installed and will work for the Xiaomi Mi 5 smartphone. You can connect the smartphone to the computer and run any programs you were hoping to use.
Anyone who had the programs open on the computer already may need to louse them down and re-open them. Moreover, sometimes a computer needs a complete reboot to get the driver working.