When using the Internet, everyone likes to maintain privacy. Those who are concerned about privacy use multiple browsers for their day to day activities. A user can create customized browser rules with Browser Fairy. It is an application that allows you to set rules so that links are always opened in a browser of your choice.
What is a Browser Fairy?
Browser Fairy is an application that can be used by Mac operating systems for creating customized browser rules. It opens web pages in a browser of your choice. Using Browser Fairy, a user can have individual default web browsers for every app and for every web page. He can use Browser Fairy to connect to his favorite web sites with his preferred browsers. Interface of Browser Fairy is simple and clean.
How Browser Fairy Helps Create Customized Browser Rules?
Browser Fairy allows a user to create customized browser rules. A user can create a rule to open links from a particular app using a particular browser. For example, a user can set a rule telling that if a link is opened from Mail, it uses Safari to open the website. If a user tries to open any link from Tweetbot, then it should be opened using Mozilla Firefox.
Another exciting feature of Browser Fairy is that it gives you a browser extension. This feature helps you change your browsers by just a push of a button. If you are using Firefox, and realize you’d rather be in Chrome, by just clicking the magic wand, Browser Fairy offers you the choice of any web browser that is installed in your computer. Using Browser Fairy, it is very easy to create customized browser rules.
How Much Does it Cost?
Browser Fairy is the most commonly used app to create customized browser rules. However, it is not a free app but it isn’t going to break the bank. By spending $5 you can buy Browser Fairy from the Mac App store. It requires OS X 10.7 or later.
Alternatives to Browser Fairy
- Choosy: Choosy is also an application that is used to create customized browser rules. It opens links in different browsers as specified in the rules that are created by the user.
- Browser Tray Switch: It is a tiny little system. Using this small app, a user can quickly change his default browser.
- Browser Chooser: It is another application that is similar to Browser Fairy. Default Browser allows you to choose what browser can be used to open a link.
- Multi Browser: This is a free tool that can be used to open links using the browser of your choice. The main advantage of Multi Browser is that it is highly configurable. It gives the user an option to choose colors, size, and more.
- Browser Select: This is another application that is used to create customized browser rules. Using the app, a user can select the browser he prefers to use to open links instead of just having one default for all links.
Final Word on Browser Fairy
If you are looking for an application that can be used to create customized browser rules for Mac, then Browser Fairy is the best option. Please visit the Apple store to buy the product.