The speed of the Internet has always been a problem for users all around the world. Increasing Internet speed on Windows is a crucial step in the quest for a faster computing experience.
Before getting into the details of how to increase Internet speed on Windows’ operating system, it is essential to know the advantages of having a faster Internet connection.
What is the Internet?
The Internet is a complex network of different networks. It connects people all over the world online. It is a global system. Any person can communicate with any other person through the computer provided both their computers are connected to the Internet.
What are the Advantages of Having an Increase in Internet Speed on Windows?
Broadband connections are much faster compared to dial up connections. Having a high speed Internet connection has more benefits. With a high speed Internet connection a user can view more pages, send more emails and watch more videos. A user can download or upload more content easily and quickly without any issues. The chances of losing signal are less when you are using a high speed Internet because the connection is constant. If you are using the Internet for any online banking, it is always recommended to use a high speed Internet connection. If you are having slow Internet connection, chances of getting logged off before completing your transactions are high.
A Few Tricks to Increase Internet Speed on Windows Operating System
There are several ways by which you can increase Internet speed on Windows machines. They are given below.
- Turn off Windows update delivery: By turning off Windows update delivery; you can increase Internet speed on Windows.
- Install a proper Wi-Fi Adapter: Some Wi-Fi adapters cannot utilize full potential of your hardware. Installing proper Wi-Fi adapters will help to increase Internet speed on Windows.
- Windows update: Temporarily turning Windows update off will help to gain Internet speed. Usually Windows update will be running in the back ground and it takes a major amount of your bandwidth.
- Remove unwanted software: Sometimes, the user may have accidentally installed malicious software that promises to increase the speed of the Internet. It is always recommended not to install any un-trusted software in your system. By removing such software, we can increase Internet speed.
- Remove unnecessary programs from task manager: In most cases, you will find that it is those unnecessary programs that take a majority of your bandwidth. A user should be checking this regularly. By opening task manager you can find which programs are running and can stop them.
- Disable Firewall: The last option which any user can try in order to increase Internet speed is disabling your Firewall. Windows Firewall or any other Firewall will be trying to block or use large amounts of Internet bandwidth.
Using the above mentioned tricks, a user can increase the speed of Internet. It is essential to learn these tricks and use them to increase the Internet speed on Windows machines and make browsing more efficient and enjoyable.