- The following guide is intended for the Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone with the model number SM-G930F only. You can learn your S7’s model number if need be by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number. Any other model number should not follow this guide or it will get bricked.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Enable the Developer Options menu so you can enable the USB Debugging Mode on the Samsung Galaxy S7 by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number 7 times.
- The following guide to root the Samsung Galaxy S7 using Chainfire’s CF-Auto-Root package does trip the Knox status on your device. You will need to check with your mobile provider whether that means your warranty will no longer work or not. Like you know, many will still allow it since the popularity with flashing devices would mean less business for them.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 SM-G930F RUNNING ANDROID 6.0.1 MARSHMALLOW
- Download the CF-Auto-Root tool for the S7 G930F smartphone from here.
- Extract the rooting package to the desktop with your usual right-click > extract here on the file when it’s on the desktop.
- Right-click on the Odin file and choose to run it as an administrator from the menu.
- Do not make any changes from the default settings of the Odin user-interface.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone in download mode.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S7 to the computer with the USB cable.
- Wait for a few moments for the ID: COM port to light up green and then continue.
- Click the AP button and browse the desktop for the rooting file.
- Click the Start button and wait for the flashing to complete.
The Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone should automatically reboot to recovery mode; that’s what Chainfire has programmed to happen to your device when the flashing is complete. The recovery mode must boot for the rooting guide to work have for your device according to the developer. Anyone who has not seen the recovery mode boot at the end will need to boot the S7 to the recovery mode manually using the hardware button combination for that.