The HTC One M9 can now be rooted on the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software update so you can start installing all of your root requiring applications on the device again. One of those applications you might be interested in installing is the System App Remover which does a darn good job at removing your system apps. Those same system apps are what people usually refer to as bloatware when they do not like what the apps bring to the table. Like you know, bloatware does nothing for a device but slow it down and take away from your HTC One M9’s performance, so it’s of little use to you.
Correspondingly, one of the main reasons to customize a device is to have some fun with trying to increase the performance. There are a few ways to increase the performance of your HTC One M9; the other obvious solution is to overclock the CPU. However, overclocking is best left to experienced Android users who know all the finer details to do with hardware specifications because if you clock more than your hardware can handle it can be catastrophic to your device. So knowing that, we can safely say that removing the system apps by using the System App Remover application is one of the safest ways anyone can increase the performance of the HTC One M9 smartphone.
These are the guidelines to root HTC One M9 on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow so you can install any of the root applications you want to try such as the System App Remover:
- You must have a custom recovery installed before you can root the HTC One M9 smartphone using the SuperSU during the guide below. The steps in this guide are done in reference to those using TWRP Recovery. However, you can use any other custom recovery that has the option to install zip files. The only difference is your steps will vary slightly.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode on the One M9 smartphone by tapping on the Settings application > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- Anyone who does not see the Developer Options after scrolling down the Settings menu on the One M9 can unlock it by tapping on the Settings application > About Device > Build Number 7 or 8 times. Keep tapping until the OS on your One M9 says you are now using the device as a developer. You are now able to head back to the Settings and scroll down to find the Developer Options menu.
HOW TO ROOT HTC ONE M9 RUNNING ON ANDROID 6.0.1 MARSHMALLOW
- Download the updated SuperSU beta 2.71 that works a treat for the M9 from here.
- Connect the HTC One M9 device to the computer with the USB cable you normally use to charge the battery.
- Copy the SuperSU file from step one over to the internal storage SD card. (Keep the SuperSU file in the topmost folder or else you might not find it later from your recovery.)
- Press the Power button and choose to turn off the HTC One M9 smartphone.
- Reboot the One M9 by pressing the hardware button combination for recovery mode and your custom recovery will boot.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ option from the recovery menu and browse the SD card for your updated SuperSU file.
- Choose to reboot the system after you have installed the SUperSU and you’re done.
In conclusion, that’s how to root HTC One M9 smartphones on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow updates using a custom recovery and the updated SuperSU by Chainfire.