When choosing a custom recovery image to install on your Sony Xperia Z5 Compact smartphone, it’s important to choose the one that can give you the most features so you can do everything you were hoping to get done. People install custom recoveries for all sorts of reasons, but the main reason is that they have installing custom ROMs on their mind. That’s assuming that you can root the device without needing to use a custom recovery to get that done. You will need to root your device to install a custom ROM too!
With regards to the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact smartphone, you will need to install a custom recovery to both root and install a custom ROM later. However, there’s also nothing stopping you from installing this new recovery even if you have no plans of rooting the device too. Some people are keen to try a custom recovery like TWRP so they can take complete backups every time they boot the device into the recovery mode.
- You must have the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact’s bootloader unlocked before you follow this guide. Furthermore, the smartphone must be updated to Android Marshmallow before you follow this guide and then root the device next.
- The custom recovery image in this guide is made for the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact. Do not try to install it on any other device or you risk doing some serious harm to that handset.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Unlock the Z5 Compacts Developer Options menu by tapping on the Settings > About Device > Build Number until it says you are using the device as a developer now — it’s usually around 7 or 7 times until that message is on your display. Keep your fingers out of the way or else you might miss it.
- Open the Developer Options menu you just unlocked on the Z5 Compact by tapping on the Settings > Developer Options and then check the box that is there for the USB Debugging Mode.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON SONY XPERIA Z5 COMPACT E5823
- Install ADB on your computer so you have Fastboot and can issue some ADB commands from the command prompt.
- Download the TWRP Recovery for the Z5 Compact from here.
- Download the Androplus kernel from here.
- Extract the TWRP file and then copy it over, so it’s in the same folder as your ADB.
- Extract the Andro kernel and copy the file to the same folder as your TWRP and ADB.
- Connect the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact to the computer with the USB cable.
- Hold the Shift key and right-click the white background of the recovery, Andro kernel, and ADB folder.
- Choose to open a new command prompt window from the menu.
- Type the command “adb reboot bootloader” to get the smartphone in the bootloader mode you need before the flashing.
- Type the command “fastboot flash boot boot.img” to flash the new kernel.
- Type the command “fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0-recovery.img” to flash the recovery.
- Type the command “fastboot reboot” and hold the hardware button combination for recovery mode during the first-time boot.
- Boot the Z5 Compact back into normal mode after you have entered the recovery mode once and your new recovery image should always be on your device.
In conclusion, that’s how to install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia Z5 Compact. Once you boot the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact smartphone into the TWRP Recovery, you will be greeted with all sorts of buttons. These buttons include the option to install zip files, wipe the cache partitions and other data, factory reset, backup and restore, reboot from the recovery partition, mount, plus a settings menu along with an advanced settings menu.
No it’s time to check out what you need to root the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact smartphone so you can start installing your custom ROMs and root applications.