Since roughly 2012-2013 Team Win’s custom recovery image they named ‘TWRP’ for the Team Win Recovery Project has risen to be the world’s most popular custom recovery image to install on any Android device. We are also lead to believe that TWRP contributed to the demise of ClockworkMod Recovery — the original custom recovery for Android devices — due to Koushik Dutta somewhat throwing in the towel on a better idea. There is also no denying that Team Win’s recovery developed a colossal group of fans based right around the world, and it was taking away CWM Recovery users by the day, so the statistics alone might have been enough for Koushik Dutta to go on. Koushik is also a busy guy who continually goes on to make bigger and better things, so there’s also the chance he’s busy doing other things and not caring all that much about his custom recovery that was the pioneer and best recovery in its time.
These are the instructions to install TWRP Recovery on HTC Amaze 4G smartphones without a computer by using the TWRP Manager application directly from your device:
- You must root the HTC Amaze 4G before you can follow this guide and install a custom recovery image on the device.
- The method in this guide for installing the TWRP custom recovery image makes use of the TWRP Manager application which is available for many devices but not close to all devices. Check out how to install TWRP Recovery on your device with a Google search if you are here and have a device not named the HTC Amaze 4G smartphone.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- We recommend backing up the HTC Amaze 4G smartphone before you start with the guide just in case you want to restore that same backup after flashing the recovery. Flashing a custom recovery doesn’t usually result in any harm, but a backup should always be taken just in case.
- Note that by choosing to install a custom recovery on your HTC smartphone you are voiding the warranty of your manufacturer. Furthermore, you decide to install the recovery on your own accord, and we are not responsible for any damages to your device should something go wrong.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON HTC AMAZE 4G
- Turn on the Amaze 4G smartphone and open the Google Play Store application.
- Search for the “TWRP Manager” application and choose to install the same once it pops up on the display.
- Tap on the TWRP Manager app icon from the app drawer once it is installed on your device.
- Choose your HTC Amaze 4G smartphone from the Device Name menu.
- Choose the version of custom recovery image you want to be installed, ensuring you go with the latest if you want to install some of the most recent custom ROMs.
- Tap on the button that says it will install your new recovery image for you and wait until the installation is complete.
- Exit the TWRP Manager app and then reboot your device.
In conclusion, that’s how to install TWRP Recovery on HTC Amaze 4G smartphones suing the TWRP Manager application and your device. You will find all of the great features within your recovery that you have come to expect from the regular TWRP builds, including the ability to mount, restore, backup, install and more.