Anyone wanting to tweak the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 but with a little more subtleness than installing a custom ROM on the smartphone might prefer looking in the direction of the Boot Animations application. With the Boot Animations app, we can install a free app to help us change the animation we see when we boot our devices up after hitting the Power button. It’s a tweak that only lasts a few seconds on your display, but boot animations have always been a powerful thing. And Android developers are always continually trying to give you an appealing boot animation that comes with your device to give you many of the same pleasurable feelings about the device as we hope you can achieve by creating your own.
These are the instructions to root Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900R4 on Android 5.0 Lollipop using the new version of the CF-Auto-Root application and a Windows computer.
- The following guide is made for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with the SM-N900R4 model number. That’s because the rooting file in this guide only works for that model number. You can check the model number of your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 smartphone by tapping on the Settings > About Device and then looking where it says the model. Do make sure the number matches up, or else you risk bricking your device.
- You must have a Windows computer to use this guide or else you will not get the Odin application to run on your computer. No Odin app means no rooting the Android operating system.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers on the computer for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 smartphone before you start with the guide so everything can be connected and detected when required.
- Unlock the hidden Developer Options menu from the settings so you can enter the same and then enable the USB Debugging Mode. You can first unlock the menu by tapping on the Settings > About Device and then tap over where it shows you the Build Number. Keep tapping at least seven times and it will say that you are using the device as a developer.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode now on your Note 3 smartphone by tapping on the Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode. Once you have checked the box, leaving the Developer Options menu and then your operating system will remember your preferences.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3 SM-N900R4 ON ANDROID 5.0 LOLLIPOP
- Download the CF-Auto-Root tool for the SM-N900R4 on Android 5.0 from here.
- Extract the file to the desktop of the computer.
- Double-click on the Odin executable file that is on the desktop.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 smartphone into download mode and the connect it to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the AP button from the Odin user interface and the browse the desktop location for the rooting file you extracted there earlier.
- Do not change any of the default settings from the Odin user interface.
- Click the Start button and wait for the green pass message in a box to appear on the Odin user interface.
In conclusion, that is how to root Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900R4 smartphones running on the Android 5.0 Lollipop software updates by using the CF-Auto-Root tool by Chainfire.