The Android operating system doesn’t make a whole ton of sense to be used with administrator permissions when it is distributed to the entire world. Conversely, even the Android developers would not dare think that nobody out there should be running with a rooted Android operating system — we should be, and it has its obvious reasons as to why that is the case. The potential problem rooting an Android device gives us is people who don’t know what they are doing attempted to do what it is that they don’t know what they are doing, and that results in some problems that nor your smartphone manufacturer or I want to deal with at the end of the day. Those potential problems are also why manufacturers like Samsung will not cover your device under warranty if it has access to the root file system a.k.a root access. Apart from losing your warranty, these giant corporations with too much money already don’t mind you leaving their system apps and service that they had hoped to make millions of more dollars from your face — at least they do not attempt to make it illegal for us to do so.
Here is everything you need to root Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T710 running the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software updates by using the updated version of the CF-Auto-Root package by Chainfire — the most famous Samsung rooting developer in the world.
- The following guide to root the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 must be done on the SM-T710 model number. Chainfire’s tools are usually model number specific, and that is the case yet again here with the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet. You can check what the model number of your Tab S2 is by tapping on the Settings > About Device > Model Number.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Unlock the Developer Options menu on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet by tapping on the Settings > About Device > Model Number and continue tapping your finger on that same model number until you get some text on the display of your table stating that you are now using the device as a developer. Now you have unlocked the Developer Options menu.
- Enter the Developer Options menu by tapping on the Settings > Developer Options and then turn on the option for the USB Debugging Mode by tapping on the USB Debugging box. Leave the Developer Options menu and the Android Marshmallow operating system will remember your settings.
- Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers on the computer for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet before you get started with the guide.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB S2 SM-T710 RUNNING ANDROID 6.0.1 MARSHMALLOW
- Download the updated CF-Auto-Root tool for the Tab S2 SM-T710 on Android 6.0.1 from here.
- Extract the file to the desktop of the computer by right-clicking the file when it’s on the desktop and then following the steps according to your version of Windows operating system to select the desktop as the destination for your extraction.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 tablet to the computer after booting it up in download mode.
- Double-click the Odin executable file from the desktop of the computer and the flashing tool will open.
- Click the AP button from the Odin user interface and upload the rooting file for the Tab S2 that is on the desktop.
- Click the Start button without changing any of the default settings from the Odin user interface.
In conclusion, that is how to root Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablets with the SM-T710 model numbers by using the newer version of the CF-Auto-Root tool by the renowned developer, Chainfire.