Here is everything you need to learn how to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925T smartphones running the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update at the time of writing this guide. You will find this guide works for all versions of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. The only exception to that is if your phone carrier network has rolled out a larger update recently which has bought a new bootloader with it and Chainfire has to update the file. Those changes will be automatically reflected in our guide because we link back to Chainfire’s repository.
- The following guide is made for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925T and no other model number. You can check that your model number matches with the same SM-G925T by tapping on the Settings > About Device > Model Number.
- The CF-Auto-Root package available in this guide will work on any version of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Chainfire gives a build number available from his repository that he used for the rooting, but it does not mean you need to flash that same build number.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for the Galaxy S6 Edge smartphone and install them on the Windows computer before you start with the guide so your smartphone can be detected by the Odin flashing tool.
- Unlock the Developer Options menu on the Galaxy S Edge smartphone by tapping on the Settings > About Device > Build Number and keep tapping until the message on the screen says you are using the device as a developer (usually seven times).
- Head back to the Settings and scroll down the list until you get to the Developer Options menu and enter the same to find your USB Debugging Mode inside. Check the box for that USB Debugging so that it is on and then leave your Developer Options menu. The Android operating system will recall your preferences automatically.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE SM-G925T RUNNING ANDROID 6.0.1 MARSHMALLOW UPDATES
- Download the updated edition of the CF-Auto-Root package for the S6 Edge G925T smartphone on Android 6.0.1 from here.
- Extract the G925T’s rooting package to the desktop of the computer and you will see the Odin app that you will use for the flashing and the CF-Auto-Root available on the desktop.
- Double-click the Odin executable file that is on the desktop and the flashing app will open.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge smartphone in download mode and connect it to the computer with the USB cable.
- Check a blue or yellow ID: COM port lights up from the Odin user interface which is letting you know that your drivers are installed and working correctly.
- Click the AP button from the Odin user interface and upload the CF-Auto-Root file from the desktop.
- Do not make any changes to the default settings found from the Odin user interface.
- Click the Start button and wait for the rooting to complete.
In conclusion, that is how to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925T smartphones running on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software updates using an updated version of the CF-Auto-Root package and the Odin flashing app from a computer. Once you can see a green pass message from the Odin user interface, you then be able to unplug the handset from the computer and start installing your root apps. Alternatively, you might be interested in installing a custom recovery. Custom recoveries are also device specific just like your root files, so make sure you find the right recovery.