The Android operating system comes to us locked on the Huawei Honor 6 Plus smartphone, and it is up to us to unlock it if we want to use the OS as a root user. A root user is to Android what an administrator is to Windows. Those who have more experience with desktop operating systems already know that the Redmond companies OS limit what people can do if they are using an account that does not have administrator permissions. By default, the Android developers take away the root user account so that nobody is using it as an administrator but they also leave open the possibility for people to become a root user should they wish to go in that direction.
The way people become root users on the Huawei Honor 6 Plus smartphone is by rooting it using the guide below which makes use of an intelligent one-click rooting tool that runs on a Windows computer. The program is called the SRK Tool and is can also be handy for people wanting to add a custom recovery, check the bootloader status, reboot to the recovery mode, disabling and enabling ‘Doze’ and even backing up.
- The following guide is made for the Huawei Honor 6 Plus when it is running on the Android 5.0 Lollipop software updates. If the Honor 6 Plus ever sees the Marshmallow updates rolling out, you need to find another tool as this one is only confirmed to work on Android KitKat and Lollipop updates.
- You need a computer that is running a version of Windows to use the SRK Tool or else the program do not run.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Unlock the Developer Options menu that is available on the Huawei Honor 6 Plus smartphone by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number. Tap on the build number at least seven times and do not stop until a message appears on the screen telling you that you are using the Honor 6 Plus smartphone as a developer.
- Enter the Developer Options menu and turn on the USB Debugging Mode by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging Mode. Once the box is no longer empty it is officially enabled, and you can leave the Developer Options menu, and the Android operating system remembers your settings.
- Download and install the Huawei USB Drivers on the Windows computer you plan on using the SRK rooting tool during the guide below so that you smartphone can be detected by the rooting program.
HOW TO ROOT HUAWEI HONOR 6 PLUS SMARTPHONES RUNNING ON ANDROID 6.0 MARSHMALLOW
- Download the SRKTools file from the XDA site and drag or copy the file on the desktop of the computer.
- Right-click on the mouse or touchpad on the file and then choose to extract it to the desktop.
- Connect the Huawei Honor 6 Plus smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Double-click the mouse or touchpad on the SRK Tools executable file so the rooting tool opens its user interface.
- Check the SRK Tools user interface for the key you need to press for the rooting and enter the same.
- Make your choice from the rooting options presented to you on the next screen.
- Wait to become a root user on the Honor 6 Plus smartphone and then reboot the device once it is done.
In conclusion, that is how to root Huawei Honor 6 Plus smartphones running on the Android 5.0 Lollipop software updates by using a one-click rooting tool that is a reliable method for some Huawei devices. You can open the Google Play Store application and then download one of the root checker applications available. The basic root checker app is the most popular version and will allow you to check the root status of your phone without spending a dime.