Most people like to become a root user by installing a custom recovery image and then flashing a proper version of the SuperSU application by Chainfire from the custom recovery to gain the rooting rights over the operating system. However, if you do not plan on installing any custom ROMs or custom kernels then pursuing that technique is not necessarily the best way to go about it–especially if being quick is on the agenda. For all those times you are probably going to want to look for a working one-click rooting tool instead.
KingRoot is a universal one-click rooting tool that works a treat for the Prestigio Multiphone 5550 smartphone and it allows owners of that device to become root users. Being a root user is like dropping the guns from your gaming and hurling out fireballs from your fingertips instead in a very Rise Of The Triad God Mode kind of a way. You are the king of the operating system, and nothing gets in your way of a good time. What is more, your time with God Mode on the Android operating system is not on a timer, and you can continue doing what you like until you choose to unroot the smartphone.
- The following guide is made for the Prestigio Multiphone 5550. The same universal one-click rooting tool (KingRoot) is known to root many other devices, but it will not necessarily root any of the other Prestigio devices that you may own. Always look for a unique guide instead.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You should note that KingRoot does void the warranty just like most other rooting guides. There are reportedly some smartphone manufacturers and phone carrier networks who allow rooting to happen, so inquire with yours if the warranty is important to you. In addition to the warranty, it is worth noting that KingRoot uses KingUser in replace of the infamous SuperSU application. You can swap the KingUser for SuperSU if you prefer using SuperSU while still keeping root after becoming a root user by using the KingRoot app. You find guides for how that is done online via a Google search.
HOW TO ROOT PRESTIGIO MULTIPHONE 5550 SMARTPHONE RUNNING ON ANDROID 4.4 KITKAT
- Download the KingRoot universal one-click rooting tool that unchains the Multiphone 5550 and has it on the desktop.
- Connect the Prestigio Multiphone 5550 to the computer with the USB cable and then copy the KingRoot file to the internal SD card folder and unplug the smartphone from the computer when it is done.
- Launch any File Manager and install the KingRoot APK file and then tap to open the KingRoot application when it is available from your app drawer.
- Tap on the large button that suggests it roots the Multiphone 5550 handset.
- Wait for the progress bar from KingRoot to reach 100% and for the success message to appear on the display before finally closing the rooting application and rebooting your smartphone.
In conclusion, that is how to root Prestigio Multiphone 5550 smartphones when they are running on the Android 4.4 KitKat software updates by using a universal one-click rooting application, namely KingRoot. You are free to start installing the root applications because you are officially using your Android operating system as a root user. Just remember that rooting with KingRoot does not require an unlocked bootloader and nor does it unlock it for you during the rooting so you need to unlock the bootloader before you install a custom recovery image if you wanted to go in that direction.