As far as one-click rooting applications go, the KingRoot universal one-click rooting tool is the crème de la crème. Most people are not too fussed with the way in which they go about rooting the Android operating system that is running on the Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone, and that is when getting the job done as quickly as possible becomes appealing. There are no downsides to rooting with the KingRoot tool; you can install all of the same applications on your smartphone as you could by rooting with any other rooting method out there, including flashing a custom recovery and then installing Chainfire’s SuperSU.
Rooting with a custom recovery does have its advantages. You can always put that custom recovery you installed to proper use along with the root access, but what you could do with the rooting methods alone does not change. All of the same as that are available to you after you install SuperSU are also available to you after you install the KingUser that comes along for the ride when you root a smartphone with the KingRoot tool instead.
Here is everything you need to know to root Sony Xperia Z2 smartphones when they are running on the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop software updates by using an updated version of the KingRoot tool. The KingRoot tool is great because it is how to root the Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone without a PC.
HOW TO ROOT SONY XPERIA Z2 RUNNING ANDROID 5.1.1 LOLLIPOP
- Make sure you have the Unknown Sources option turned on from the Z2’s settings by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Security > Unknown Sources.
- Download and install the KingRoot APK on your Z2 smartphone by downloading the file directly from your favorite web browser app on the phone.
- Once you have it installed, open it up from the app drawer.
- Tap on the button from the main page that suggests it would root your Xperia Z2 smartphone.
- Check out the progress bar that will appear and then wait until it reaches 100% before touching any buttons.
- Close the KingRoot app and then reboot the Z2 handset.
In conclusion, that is how to root Sony Xperia Z2 smartphones when they are running on the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop software updates using the universal one-click rooting tool called KingRoot. Note that there are two rooting tools with a similar name: KingoRoot and KingRoot. The app you are using here is the latter versions and probably the most popular one-click rooting solution for you to use in the world today. The rooting app us ultra reliable and apparently will never brick your device. Once you have finished installing KingRoot and it has rooted your operating system, you are then able to install the same app you were with any other rooting method you might have followed at an earlier date.
While the KingRoot tool is pretty amazing, it does not install a custom recovery or unlock the bootloader. You will likely need to unlock your bootloader if you want to install a custom recovery. Likewise, you will need a custom recovery if you plan on installing some aftermarket ROMs.