You are browsing something serious and urgent and your Mozilla Firefox keeps crashing. Are you fed up and unsure about how to solve this problem? Then, following the tips and tricks discussed below will help you to troubleshoot the issues and fix them.
When Mozilla Firefox keeps crashing, it could be for multiple reasons. Most of the time, you can fix Firefox crashes by re-setting Firefox or by going to Safe Mode. But in some cases, these tricks won’t work. You have to keep in mind that a web browser is a complicated piece of application that depends on the number of software, plug-ins, drivers, and security programs installed on your computer. So, troubleshooting the correct reason for the crash is a complicated process.
Tips and Tricks for Troubleshooting When Mozilla Firefox Keeps Crashing
- Changing to Safe Mode: Mozilla Firefox has a safe mode option that can be enabled. In the safe mode, it loads the browser without loading the add-ons. To enable the safe mode, go to the Firefox menu, click Help, and select the “Restart with Add-ons disabled” option. If the safe mode is working without any issues, then it means one of the add-ons is having issues and that is causing Firefox to crash. You can identify those add-ons by enabling them one by one and checking if Firefox is crashes after you enable a particular add-on. Once you identify the add-on that causes the crash, remove it permanently and then continue to work with Firefox without any crashes.
- Resetting Firefox: Mozilla Firefox uses a profile folder to store personal data. So when your Mozilla Firefox keeps crashing, rather than trying to fix the issues inside the profile folder, do a quick reset. When you reset Firefox, it will create a new profile folder and move all the history, bookmarks, passwords and cookies to that folder. The extensions and themes are not moved to this newly created profile folder. In most cases, crashes are caused by these extensions and themes. So, resetting Firefox is the best option for troubleshooting when Mozilla Firefox keeps crashing.
- Check for Malware: Malware can cause crashes and damage your web browser, as well as your system. Therefore, checking for malware using good anti-virus software is another option when Mozilla Firefox keeps crashing.
- Disabling hardware extensions: Mozilla Firefox hardware acceleration uses your computer’s graphic card to display objects and texts from web pages. But in some cases, the extensions can cause damage to your system’s graphic cards. Therefore, by disabling the hardware extensions, you can check if Firefox crashes afterward. To disable the extensions, go to Options > Advanced icon. Now uncheck the option “Use hardware acceleration when available” checkbox.
- Update software for avoiding crashes: Updating software is a good option to avoid crashes. When your Mozilla Firefox keeps crashing, one of the reasons could be outdated software. So, be sure to update the software for Firefox, Plug-ins, Extensions and Themes, Graphic Drivers, Anti-Virus Software and the Windows OS.
Mozilla Firefox is one of the best web browsers that is available now. When your Mozilla Firefox keeps crashing, try one of the tips and tricks given above to fix the issue.