Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Duos smartphone can be done by using Chainfire’s CF-Auto-Root tool now that he has officially released the files for this handset. The CF-Auto-Root tool is going to install and enable the SuperSU on your smartphone so you can begin to install any apps that require the root access to the internal system to run. You will still need to install a custom recovery on the smartphone before you can check out what ROMs are available to install from the aftermarket side of things.
- The following guide is made for the Duos version of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus smartphone that comes with the SM-G9287 model number. Any other model number will get bricked if you follow this guide so make sure you have the right one. The Samsung model number can be checked from the Settings > About Device > Model Number.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You will need to have the Developer Options menu unlocked by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Tap the Build Number area at least seven times and do not stop until you get a message saying that you are using the device now as a developer.
- Now that you have the Developer Options menu unlocked on the Edge Plus Duos handset enter it by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options and then tap on the empty box that is there for the USB Debugging. Once you check the box leave the Developer Options menu and the Android operating system will remember your preferences.
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for the computer you plan on using the flashing tool that must be running a version of Windows operating system. Install the USB Drivers on the computer before you start with the guide.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE PLUS DUOS SM-G9287
- Download the updated CF-Auto-Root package that roots the S6 Edge Plus Duos G9287 on Android 6.0.1 from here.
- Extract the rooting package for the S6 Edge Plus smartphone to the desktop of the computer.
- Double-click the Odin executable and wait for the flashing tool to open on the desktop.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus smartphone into the download mode and then connect to the computer with the USB cable.
- Give it a few seconds for the device to be added and then click the AP button from the Odin user interface. (Note that no device added means you still need to get the Samsung USB Drivers working on the computer so the smartphone can be detected properly by the flashing tool.
- Browse the desktop location for the rooting file ending in the tar.md5 file extension.
- Do not change any of the default settings from the open user interface.
- Click the Start button from Odin and then wait for the device to get rooted by the CF-Auto-Root tool.
- Once you see the green box with a pass message in it from the Odin user interface, unplug from the computer and head over to the Google Play Store to start installing your new apps that are now available.
In conclusion, that is how to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Duos smartphones when you have them running on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software updates by using the CF-Auto-Root tool by Chainfire. Those who do not know where to begin with the apps can start by installing the root checker just to double check that your handset is in fact rooted as intended.