Root users are people who are using the Android operating system without any restrictions. Our Android operating systems always have the ability for people to be root users without us having to create anything. What happens is the Android developers take away a would be root user and replace it so that you open your device out of the box and begin using it with restrictions from the beginning. These limitations are designed to keep you safe from any potential threats online like if you were to install malware accidentally.
While Android developers love to keep us safe, don’t be fooled into thinking they dislike root users. Google Nexus smartphones and tablets are designed with developers in mind, and you will not be doing any developing of the OS that is running on your Nexus device without being a root user first. Thus, root users certainly have their place; it just isn’t for everybody. Once you are confident you have the skills to look after your OS, you can follow this guide and learn how to root LeEco Le 1S Eco when it is running on the Android 5.0 Lollipop software updates.
- You need to install a custom recovery on the LeEco Le 1S Eco smartphone before you can follow this guide and root the handset. It can be any custom recovery image, but we recommend following our guide and installing the TWRP Recovery because it is the best custom recovery you can install.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- We recommend you take a minute to backup your data on the LeEco handset such as the pictures, music, and video files before getting started with the guide. The rooting guide itself does not remove your data like a factory reset would, but you might find yourself wanting to reset hard. Moreover, there could be data loss as nothing is ever guaranteed. Since you have already installed a custom recovery on the Le 1S Eco handset, you can take the NANDroid backup from within the recovery partition during the guide. While not the only way to make a full backup, the NANDroid option from the custom recovery image is by far the easier of the two methods to get it done. The other way requires the ADB and a computer.
HOW TO ROOT LEECO LE 1S ECO RUNNING ON ANDROID 5.0 LOLLIPOP
- Download the SuperSU application and have it on the desktop of the computer.
- Connect the LeEco Le 1S Eco smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the SuperSU zip file over to the internal storage SD card folder for the phone and then unplug from the computer once you have it.
- Boot the LeEco Le 1S Eco smartphone into the custom recovery you already installed earlier and then take your NANDroid Backup from the main menu if you need a backup of your data.
- Tap on the Install button from the main recovery menu and then browse the SD card for the SuperSU by Chainfire.
- Swipe the bottom of the screen to install the SuperSU where it says you need to swipe to confirm the installation.
- Tap on the button to wipe the cache once the SuperSU is flashed.
- Select the option to reboot the system once the cache is wiped.
In conclusion, that is how to root LeEco Le 1S Eco smartphones running on the Android 5.0 Lollipop software updates by flashing a stable version of Chainfire’s SuperSU application from the custom recovery image. You find that the custom recovery has successfully installed and enabled the SuperSU so that you are officially a root user and able to install any apps you like.