Installing a custom recovery on the LeEco Le 1S Eco smartphone is going to allow you to become a root user if that is what you are into these days. Being a root user means you can use all applications from the Google Play Store including the Titanium backup app, Dumpster, ROM Toolbox, System App Remover, Greenify, and Tasker. Moreover, as soon as you complete the guide to root the LeEco Le 1S Eco smartphone you then able to install all custom ROMs.
- The following guide installs a custom recovery on the LeEco Le 1S Eco smartphone. Do not flash the TWRP file found in this tutorial for the Le 1S Eco on any other device unless advised by a professional.
- You need to unlock the bootloader on the LeEco Le 1S Eco smartphone before you can install a custom recovery on the smartphone. You can unlock the bootloader of your LeEco smartphone by installing ADB on a computer and running the appropriate commands from the command prompt window.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You should backup the LeEco smartphone before installing a custom recovery. Those of you who have just unlocked the bootloader now have likely backed up already because unlocking the bootloader always wipes the data, so the device is just the way it was after you first opened it pout of the box. For everyone else who has some additional data that is not yet backed up now is the time to do it. Installing TWRp does not wipe the data like when we unlock the bootloader but backing up should always be done anyhow.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON LEECO LE 1S ECO
- Download the TWRP Recovery for the LeEco Le 1S Eco smartphone and have it on the desktop of the computer.
- Set up ADB and fastboot on the computer running Windows and then come back and continue with this guide.
- Extract the TWRP Recovery file and copy all of the contents of the TWRP folder to the ADB folder, so you have it all in the one directory.
- Connect the LeEco Le 1S Eco smartphone to the computer with the USB cable keeping it in the ordinary mode for now.
- Open the TWRP and ADB folder and hold the Shift key and right-click the white background within the folder and a new menu should pop up on the display.
- Change the file name of the recovery image to “twrp.img” before continuing to the following step.
- Choose to open a new command prompt window here from the menu.
- Type the command “adb reboot bootloader” to get the Le 1S Eco phone into the bootloader mode and ready for the flashing.
- Type the command: “fastboot flash recovery twrp.img” to flash the custom recovery image on the Le 1S Eco device.
- Type the command: “fastboot reboot” and then hold the hardware button combination for the recovery mode when you see the smartphone reboot so it first-time boots directly into the recovery mode.
In conclusion, that is how to flash TWRP Recovery on the LeEco Le 1S Eco smartphone by using Fastboot and a computer that is running the Windows operating system. You are ready to start installing custom ROMs that come pre-rooted such as the CyanogenMod custom ROMs, and they run as well as give you the opportunity to use the device as a root user. Additionally, you can find out what is required to root the LeEco Le 1S Eco smartphone running on Android 5.0 Lollipop and make yourself the root user that way instead which also opens up the doors for you to install custom ROMs that are not pre-rooted already.