Rooting the Samsung Galaxy E5 SM-E500M is done by using the one-click rooting tool by Chainfire. The developer Chainfire looks after most of the Samsung range with one-click rooting methods that installs and enable the SuperSU on the smartphone. All that is required on your end is some basic knowledge of the Odin flashing tool and then with the click of a button the rooting will be done in a few minutes.
- The developer of the CF-Auto-Root tool was running on the LMY47X.E500MUBU1BOL1 firmware build number when he created the rooting file that is found in this guide. You do not need to be running the same firmware as him. You just need to be running on the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop software updates. You can find out what Android version is running on the Samsung Galaxy E5 smartphone by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Android Version.
- You must have the Samsung Galaxy E5 smartphone that comes with the SM-E500M model number. You can find out the model number of the Galaxy E5 smartphone by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Unlock the Developer Options menu on the Samsung Galaxy E54 smartphone so you can then enter the same and turn on the option that is available for the USB Debugging Mode. You can unlock the menu if it is currently hidden by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number seven or so times. Just keep tapping your finger until it says that you are using the phone as a developer, and that is when you know the Developer Options menu is available.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode on the Samsung Galaxy E5 smartphone from the Developer Options by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging. Once you can see you have checked the box head out of the Developer Options menu, and the Android operating system automatically remembers your selection.
- Install the Samsung USB Drivers on the Windows computer before you get started with the guide.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY E5 SM-E500M RUNNING ON ANDROID 5.1.1
- Download the CF-Auto-Root tool for the Samsung Galaxy E5 SM-E500M smartphone from here.
- Extract the rooting file to the downloads folder or the desktop and you can see the flashing tool and the rooting file.
- Make sure you have installed the Samsung USB Drivers on the computer before you continue with the guide.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy E5 smartphone into the download mode and then connect it to the computer with the USB cable.
- Double-click on the Odin flashing tool executable file that is in the downloads folder of on the desktop.
- Check that you can see your device is connected by looking for the yellow or blue ID: COM port on the Odin user interface.
- Click the AP button found in Odin.
- Browse through to where you extracted the rooting file and upload the rooting file to this location.
- Click the Start button in Odin.
- Wait until you get a green pass message appearing in a box from the Odin app on the computer.
In conclusion, this post shares the steps on how to root Samsung Galaxy E5 SM-E500M running on the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop software updates by using the CF-Auto-Root tool by Chainfire. He updates the packages between software versions, so it is best to search for the CF-Auto-Root tool based on the Android version that you device is running at the time–in this case Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. The SuperSU application is now installed and enabled on the Galaxy E5, and you can open the Google Play Store and download any of the applications that require a root user before they can run.