Trying to find a lost Smartphone when you have left it somewhere can make you miserable. Losing a Smartphone can be a painful experience. It is not only an expensive gadget, but also a storehouse of many personal memories and contacts that will be lost along with the Smartphone. If you ever come across a lost Smartphone, do you know what to do and what not to do? Most people don’t know what to do when they find a lost Smartphone. The following points will give you a clear idea.
Things to Remember When You Find a Lost Smartphone
There are a few points you need to remember when you find a lost Smartphone. The primary aim should be to find the owner and help him get back his phone.
- Keep the mobile charged and on all the time: When you find a lost Smartphone, you need to keep the mobile charged and on all the time. The person who has lost the Smartphone will be trying to call or track the phone through some means. If there is no network service in the lost Smartphone, then the next option you can try is to turn on the Wi-Fi connection. In some cases it may not be possible to turn on the Wi-Fi connection as the phone will be locked. But still you can try, keep in mind it can help the owner trace his phone.
- Take it to the place where you found it: Another option is to take it to the place where you found it. In some cases, it may not be practical, but still if you can do that it may help you find the owner.
- Don’t invade the personal details stored in the phone: When you find a lost Smartphone, you need to keep in mind that you should not look at their personal details. Pictures, social networking details, bank details etc., may be stored in the Smartphone, so you should not browse these details.
- Check the Contact Details: When you find a lost Smartphone, you can check the contact details if there is no security lock. By looking at the contact list, you can find some helpful numbers and using that, you can easily track the owner of the lost Smartphone. Often, people save important contacts as “Favorites” on their mobile phone. So, by contacting someone from the favorites list, you can easily track the owner.
- Keep the lost Smartphone away from others: When you find a lost Smartphone, it is your responsibility to find the owner, and make sure that no one misuses it. If you are not able to find the owner after a few days, then the next step is to take it to a nearby police station and hand it over to them. They may have other ways to track the owner.
Smartphones are expensive and the chances of losing your smartphone are high these days, especially when you are travelling by crowded buses and trains. If you ever find a lost Smartphone, you need to try your best to find the owner and hand it over to him or her.