If you want to change the permissions on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T805 tablet, then you can opt to become the root user who is getting control of the root user account. In order to start using the root user account that is always available in Linux and Android you first need to follow a guide like the one below that gives root access.
- The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 tablet with the SM-T805 model number is required to complete this guide. The CF-Auto-Root tool is made for each model number and if you flash one of the files that were developed for a different model number it will probably brick the device that you flashed it on.
- You need a computer that runs a version of the Windows operating system if you are planning on using this guide because the Odin flashing tool only runs on Windows and the CF-Auto-Root tool is only available to be flashed with the Odin flashing tool.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Chainfire had the LRX22G.T805XWU1BOK1 firmware build number running on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T805 tablet when the version of the CF-Auto-Root tool found in this article was developed.
- You got to have the Developer Options menu unlocked so you can enter it and then enable the USB Debugging Mode from the menu. That USB Debugging is what allows you to make changes to the Android software that is running on the tablet, and that is a requirement if this rooting method is to work.
- Install the Samsung USB Drivers on the computer that is running Windows and is the same computer you plan on flashing the rooting file with Odin. That way the Odin flashing applications is then bale to detect your device.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB S 10.5 SM-T805 RUNNING ANDROID 5.0.2 WITH CF-AUTO-ROOT
- Download the CF-Auto-Root tool for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T805 tablet running Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.
- Open the Downloads folder and extract the rooting tool to the Downloads folder and you get the flashing tool executable file and the rooting file available inside the same folder.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T805 into the Download Mode and then connect it to the computer with the USB cable.
- Run the Odin flashing tool app available in the Downloads folder and then check that the ID: COM port is lighting up with a color which is usually blue or yellow. (No color coming from the ID: COM port means that you still haven’t been successful installing the USB Drivers).
- Click on the AP button from Odin and then navigate to the Downloads folder where you extracted the rooting file at the beginning of the guide and then click on the MD5 rooting file to upload to Odin.
- Click on the Start button and the rooting of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T805 begins.
- Wait for the pass message to show up in Odin inside a green box before unplugging the tablet from the computer.
In conclusion, that is all you need to root Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T805 tablet running on the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop software updates by flashing Chainfire’s one-click rooting too, namely the CF-Auto-Root. The CF-Auto-Root has just installed and enabled the SuerSU which is what grants the rooting permissions to the apps that you choose to install from this point forth. Most of those are available from the Google Play Store that you already know and love.