If you really want to take control over the Android operating system that is running on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T805W tablet that is running on the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop software update then what you want to do is root it. By rooting it, you are becoming the root user which is another way of saying taking control of the root user account which always exists in Android but is taken away from you by default by Android developers.
There are plenty of debates about whether it is right or not to sell Android with the locked root user account since the root user to Linux is what the administrator is to Windows and Windows operating systems always allow the owner to be the administrator. In an attempt to stop people from installing malicious downloads, Android has decided that nobody will get that root user account by default and you need to work for it to unlock it.
The following is what you need to root Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T805W tablets that definitely works if you are running on the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop software updates.
- You need to have the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T805W tablet to use this guide. Take note of that model number because if you flash the CF-Auto-Root tool version that is available in this guide on any other model number, then it will brick it.
- You need to have a computer that is running on a version of the Windows operating system or else the Odin that is available in this guide will not run on the computer and therefore not allow for the flashing of the rooting file and ultimately result in the rooting not happening, and that’s not a good thing.
FEW NOTES BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Chainfire was running on the LRX22G.T805WVLU1BOD7 firmware build number when the version of the CF-Auto-Root tool found in this guide was developed. It is not suggested that you need to be running on the same firmware build number.
- Unlock the Developer Options menu on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T805W tablet so you can turn on the USB Debugging Mode that is a required mode to be running if you are to make the necessary changes to the Android software.
- Install the Samsung USB Drivers on the computer that is running on Windows before getting started with the rooting guide so that the Galaxy Tab S can be detected by the flashing tool.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB S 10.5 SM-T805W RUNNING ON ANDROID 5.0.2 WITH CF-AUTO-ROOT
- Download the CF-Auto-Root tool that’s intended for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T805W running Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.
- Open the Downloads folder or the default download location on your Windows PC and then extract the rooting file to that Downloads folder and you then get the flashing tool executable and the flashable rooting file.
- Run the Odin flashing executable file by clicking on it in the Downloads folder and then your flashing tool user interface opens and is ready for you to connect to it.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T805W tablet into the Download Mode and then connect it to the computer with the USB cable.
- Check that Odin is showing a blue or yellow ID: COM port color and the added message from the Log entry which are both signs that your Samsung USB Drivers are working.
- Click on the Start button and the rooting begins.
- The rooting is complete when Odin shows a green pass message in a box from the Odin user interface, and that is when you can unplug from the computer.
In conclusion, this is how to root Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T805W tablets that’s running on Android 5.0.2 (a.k.a. Lollipop) software updates by flashing the CF-Auto-Root tool. As soon as the tablet does reboot back into the normal mode, you can then begin installing any of the root applications that you hoped to try.