Do you think you have enough free space on your Android phone or tablet? Do you wish to get more free space on your Android phone or tablet? A number of users around the world keep struggling with storage space on their phone. In the end, they end up with having no option to install new apps, store more pictures and videos.
Most Android phones have an option to insert a microSD card to increase space, but imagine that your phone does not have that option. What will you do in such circumstances? Do you have to go for an all new phone? That is not necessary as there are options to free up space on your Android phone or tablet. Here are some tips for freeing up space on your device. Some of these may seem like no-brainers, but sometimes we just need to be reminded to take these steps.
Tips to Free Up Space on Your Android Phone or Tablet
- Audit Apps: We usually install free apps on our mobile phones even though we don’t use all of them. Instead of doing that, you should question yourself about those apps that you consider relevant and necessary. Keep only the relevant ones and remove the unnecessary apps to free up space on your Android phone or tablet. Most of the times, games consume too much space compared to other apps. Therefore, if you find any game app that you are not using, remove it to gain more space in your Android phone.
- Remove Photos and Videos: Everyone likes to take photos and videos and save it in their phone. The more photos and videos on your phone, the more storage space it consumes. Therefore, it is better to transfer photos and videos from your phone to another location to free up space on your Android phone or tablet. Today, you can easily transfer photos and videos from your phone to the Drop box, Google drive or a hard disk.
- Use Streaming: Another culprit is the videos and files that we download from the Internet. These files and videos can easily take up a lot of space in your phone. Therefore, it is better to watch them online with the help of Wi-Fi and avoid downloading it to your phone. In this way, you can easily increase the space in your Android phone or tablet.
- Add External Storage Option: As discussed earlier, most Android phones have the option to use a microSD card to increase the storage space. But, there are a few models that do not support the microSD card. If your phone supports OTG connection, you can connect any external storage system to increase your storage space. You can easily add 16 to 128 GB of space using an external storage system.
- Clear your Browser History: If you are a frequent browser, it is a good idea to clear your history and cache regularly to free up space on your Android phone or tablet as they also take up space in your memory. Even though it won’t free up much space, clearing your browser history will give you more than you had.
Everyone loves to have more storage space in their phone. By following the steps given above, you can easily free up more space in your Android phone or tablet without spending money buying a new phone.