If you wanted to run apps such as the Titanium Backup app, then you need to have a device that runs on a version of the Android operating system, and that version of the Android operating system needs to have a thing referred to as root access. The root access people are talking about is getting access to the root user account that allows you to run all commands and run all files.
Here is what you need to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G9250 smartphones running on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software updates by flashing the CF-Auto-Root tool:
- You need to have a computer that runs on a version of the Windows operating system to use this guide.
- You need to have the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge phone that has the SM-G9250 model number to use this guide.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Install the Samsung USB Drivers on the Windows PC so the Odin flashing tool can pick up your device when you connect it to the computer.
- Turn on the USB Debugging Mode on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G9250 smartphone by accessing its Developer Options menu.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE SM-G9250 RUNNING ON ANDROID 6.0.1 MARSHMALLOW WITH CF-AUTO-ROOT
There are two versions of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge that both come with the SM-G9250 model number. Download the right file for yours:
- CF-Auto-Root for device name: zeroltezc
- CF-Auto-Root for device name: zeroltezt
- Extract the rooting file to the Downloads folder and then run the Odin flashing tool that becomes available to you in the Downloads folder.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G9250 handset into its Download Mode and then connect it to the computer with its USB cable.
- Check that the device is added to the Odin by looking at the Odin log entry and then look for the ID: COM port lighting up with a color.
- Do not make changes from the Odin options tab that is available next to the log.
- Click on the AP button that is there in Odin and the navigate through to the Downloads folder and click on the rooting file to have it uploaded to the Odin.
- Click on the Start button in Odin for the rooting to begin.
- Read everything that is now rolling down the display of the phone, so you can understand what is happening.
- Wait or the Odin to show a green pass message after the phone indicates that it is going to reboot in ten seconds.
In conclusion, that is how to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G9250 phones running on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software updates by flashing the CF-Auto-Root tool by Chainfire. You now have a new application installed on the phone, and it is called SuperSU. That SuperSU has fully enabled already and will grant rooting permissions upon your request. All you need to do is start installing the root apps that you wanted to have and then accept the message from SuperSU when it prompts you on the phone’s display.