When people get root access and become the root user over the Android operating system, they usually do it by unlocking the bootloader, installing a custom recovery and then flashing the right SuperSU version from the custom recovery partition. Another way people get root access is by using a one-click rooting tool. There is a one-click rooting tool available out there that also installs the same kind of SuperSU program that you would have gotten on your device had you flashed it from the custom recovery and it is called the CF-Auto-Root tool.
Here is what you need to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928K smartphones running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow by using the CF-Auto-Root tool:
- You need to have a computer that is running on a version of the Windows operating system to use this guide.
- You need the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ that comes with the SM-G928K model number to use this guide.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Make sure to have the Samsung USB Drivers installed on your Windows computer before you start.
- Unlock the Developer Options menu on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928K device and then turn on the USB Debugging Mode.
- Note that Chainfire lets you know that he had the MMB29K.G928KKKU2BPAG firmware build number running on his device when the version of the rooting file found in this guide was developed. However, he is not suggesting you need to be running on the same, It is there to be used as an indicator.
ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE+ SM-G928K RUNNING ON ANDROID 6.0.1 MARSHMALLOW WITH CF-AUTO-ROOT
- Download the CF-Auto-Root tool for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928K running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
- Open the Downloads folder on the Windows PC and extract the rooting file that you downloaded in the step above to the Downloads folder.
- Run the Odin flashing application that is in the Downloads folder.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928K phone into the Download Mode and connect it to the computer with the USB cable.
- Check that Odin gives an added message and changes the color of the ID: COM port. This is to see to it that the correct Samsung USB Drivers are working.
- Click on the AP button and then navigate through to the Downloads folder and click on the rooting file so that it uploads to the Odin.
- Click on the Start button from Odin and then read the information that starts rolling down the display of the phone, so you understand what to expect over the next few minutes.
- Wait until the screen of the phone shows that it is going to reboot in ten seconds and then check that you get a pass message in green from the Odin application.
That is all you need to root the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928K running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software updates by flashing the CF-Auto-Root tool on a computer with the help of the Odin flashing tool. With that, the SuperSU is installed and ready to help you start running the apps that require root permissions.