Do you wish to turn off the lock screen message replies from your iPhone or iPad? When you receive a message it will be displayed on your screen. You can unlock your phone and send a reply or without unlocking, you can also reply to the message. But the problem here is, if someone picks up your phone in your absence, that person can also reply without unlocking your phone. Does that sound good? Not many people prefer that option and hence to avoid this we can easily turn off lock screen message replies.
What is a Lock Screen Message Reply?
Lock screen message replies is a feature that was introduced in iOS 10 by Apple. If you observe it closely, you can see that notifications are slightly different in iOS 10. Without unlocking the screen, if you touch the message, there is a reply option available. It is easy for you to send replies this way and you can continue to read and reply to other messages as well, without unlocking the screen.
Some people find this feature alarming as it provides an opportunity for others to send replies to messages that you have received without your knowledge, as there is no need to unlock the phone to send replies. Anyone who has access to your phone can send replies. So, to avoid this, Apple has provided an option to disable this feature. Here is how we can disable the lock screen message replies feature on your iPhone.
Steps to Turn Off Lock Screen Message Replies from Your iPhone
- The first step to turn off the lock screen message replies feature is to turn your iPhone or iPad on.
- Now, move to the iPhone or iPad’s setting screen.
- Find the “Touch ID & Passcode” option.
- Tap on the “Touch ID & Passcode” option.
- The system will ask you to enter your passcode. Enter your passcode now.
- After entering the passcode, the system will open up Touch ID & Passcode settings.
- Scroll down until you reach the section “Allow access when locked.”
- There are many options available here for the user to choose from. If you wish to have 100% safety, you can disable all the options by turning the toggle off.
- The option to turn off lock screen message replies is “Reply with Messages.”
- Turn the toggle off for “Reply with Messages” and come back to the home screen.
Now, no one (including you) can send a reply to messages when your iPhone or iPad is locked. If you wish to turn the feature back on, you need to go through the same steps described above and toggle for “Reply with Messages” option back to ON in step 10.
With every new version of iOS Apple has been introducing new features that are useful and attractive to its users. The lock screen message replies is a very good feature that is loved by many as it allows you to send a reply to messages without unlocking the phone. But if you’re concerned about security, you can turn off this feature easily using the steps discussed here.