Are you someone who loves reading Wikipedia articles and would like to create MP3 files from Wikipedia? Pediaphon introduces a new feature that creates MP3 files from Wikipedia articles. Yes, you can now listen to your favorite Wikipedia articles in MP3 format even when you’re travelling. Let’s look at the process in detail.
What is a Wikipedia Article?
Wikipedia is a web site that offers encyclopedic information that is free for anyone to use. The articles are submitted by the public and are peer reviewed for accuracy. A Wikipedia article is a web page that contains encyclopedia information about a subject. A Wikipedia article contains notable information, a summary, and references to reliable topics and links to other topics. A well written Wikipedia article contains paragraphs and images and are easy to read and understand. If you are doing a lot of research and there are many Wiki pages covering the subject, but don’t really have time to read it all, creating MP3 files from Wikipedia articles will allow you to listen to the information while on your daily commute, or at other times convenient to you.
Steps to Create MP3 Files from Wikipedia Articles
It is not difficult to create MP3 files from a Wikipedia article. You need to go to the Pediaphon website and from there enter the name of the Wikipedia article to convert and that’s it. Your favorite Wikipedia article is now converted into an MP3 file. You can now store it in your Smartphone or laptop and listen to it whenever you want.
Here are the steps to create MP3 files from Wikipedia articles.
- Go to the Pediaphon website.
- Now in the search box, enter the name of the Wikipedia article you want to convert to MP3 file format. For the best results it is better to go to Wikipedia and search for your article and then enter the same name in the search text box. If you do not enter the specific article name, Pediaphon will search for the article on its own and may give you MP3 files that contain the name you have given in your search.
- After you have entered the correct name of the Wikipedia article, in the Voice drop down field select the voice type. There are various options available there. You can have male voice or female voice and mention the quality of audio file there.
- In the Speaking speed field, you can select the speed you want for your MP3 file. By default, it is chosen as “Normal.” You can make it “Fast” or “Slow,” depending upon your interest.
- Now in the “listen directly in browser window with help of,” field choose the option “MP3 download or podcast or old iPhone or Shoutcast” option in order to create MP3 files from a Wikipedia article. There are a few other options also available, such as if you wish to listen from the browser itself or as a Windows Media file, etc. But for this, you must select the option to download so that you can use the file for MP3. You can also copy it to another device so that you can listen when you’re travelling.
- Now click “Start” button.
- After successfully creating MP3 files from a Wikipedia article, it will display a confirmation message.
- A page will be displayed from where you can download the MP3 file.
- For saving the MP3 file, you must right click the URL. Now, choose the item “Save Link As.” Then save it on your PC.
You have now created MP3 files from a Wikipedia article successfully. Now, you can copy the MP3 file to your smartphone or laptop so that you can listen to it whenever you like.