How to root Lenovo S880 on Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich [Guide]September 13, 2013 0 Email article | Print article
Have a Lenovo S880 that you want to get a little more out of? This guide will teach you exactly how you can root your device! In no time at all you’ll have root access on your Lenovo S880, which will open the door to endless possibilities.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty. Proceed at your own risk.
This root guide is for the Lenovo S880 running Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. It is specifically for the Lenovo S880.
Take note this will wipe all your files and data on your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
Before We Begin
In order for your device to register correctly on Windows, download the Lenovo S880 drivers and install them onto your PC (if you haven’t done so already). The Lenovo USB drivers can be found at this link.
Your Lenovo S880 needs to be in USB debugging mode. Go to Settings, then Developer options, and then check the box that says USB debugging.
Have your micro USB cable handy.
Download the root package, and extract it to a folder onto the desktop of your PC. The root package can be downloaded from this link.
How To Root Lenovo S880
- Connect your Lenovo S880 to your PC via the micro USB cable.
- Check that you have USB debugging enabled on your Lenovo S880.
- Go to the folder where you extracted the root page to on your Desktop.
- Find the file called TPSparkyRoot.bat and execute it. Select normal mode, and follow all the instructions that TPSparkyRoot.bat gives you. Make sure you read every detail carefully.
- After TPSparkyRoot.bat finishes what it’s doing on your Lenovo S880 you’ll have root!
Enjoy a rooted Lenovo S880.