How to root Huawei Ascend P6 on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean [Guide]September 14, 2013 0 Email article | Print article
Have a Huawei Ascend P6 that you want to get a little more out of? This guide will teach you exactly how you can root your device! In no time at all you’ll have root access on your Huawei Ascend P6, which will open the door to endless possibilities.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty. Proceed at your own risk.
This root guide is for the Huawei Ascend P6 running Android 4.2.2. It is specifically for the Huawei Ascend P6.
Take note this will wipe all your files and data on your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
Before We Begin
In order for your device to register correctly on Windows, download the Huawei drivers and install them onto your PC (if you haven’t done so already). The Huawei USB drivers can be found at this link.
Your Huawei Ascend P6 needs to be in USB debugging mode. Go to Settings, then Developer options, and then check the box that says USB debugging.
Have your micro USB cable handy.
Download the root package, and extract it to a folder onto the desktop of your PC. The root package can be downloaded from this link.
How To Root Huawei Ascend P6
- Connect your Huawei Ascend P6 to your PC via the micro USBcable.
- Check that you have USB debugging enabled on your Huawei Ascend P6.
- Go to the folder where you extracted the root page to on your Desktop.
- Find the file called Root+½-T.exe and execute it. Follow all the instructions that Root+½-T.exe gives you. Make sure you read every detail carefully.
- After Root+½-T.exe finishes what it’s doing on your Huawei Ascend P6 you’ll have root!
Enjoy a rooted Huawei Ascend P6.