Have a LG Optimus L9 P769 that you want to get a little more out of? This guide will teach you exactly how you can root your device! In no time at all you’ll have root access on your LG Optimus L9 P769, which will open the door to endless possibilities.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty. Proceed at your own risk.
This root guide is for the LG Optimus L9 P769 running Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich.
Take note this will wipe all your files and data on your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
Before We Begin
You need to unlock the bootloader of your device in order for this root to be possible. As there is a very descriptive guide that will walk you through unlocking the bootloader of your LG Optimus L9 P769 on Xda-Developers, we recommend following that guide first, and then returning to this root guide to finish the process.
The guide for unlocking your LG Optimus L9 P769’s bootloader can be found at this link.
Download the LG drivers and install them onto your PC (if you haven’t done so already). The LG USB drivers can be found at this link.
Your device needs to be in USB debugging mode. Go to Settings, then Developer options, and then check the box that says USB debugging.
Have your micro USB cable handy.
Download the root package, and extract it to a folder onto the desktop of your PC. The root package can be found by following this link.
How To Root LG Optimus L9 P769
- Connect your LG Optimus L9 P769 to your PC using your micro USB cable.
- Check that you have USB debugging enabled.
- Navigate to the folder in which you extracted the root page to on your Desktop.
- Inside the root package, find a file named RunMe.bat and execute it. Select normal mode, and follow all the instructions that RunMe.bat tells you. Read every detail with extreme caution.
- When the rooting process starts, a message will come up on your phone. Select the option that says ‘restore my data’.
- After RunMe.bat finishes what it’s doing on your LG Optimus L9 P769 you’ll have root!
Enjoy a rooted LG Optimus L9 P769.