How to root LG Splendor on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich [Guide]September 25, 2013 0 Email article | Print article
Have a LG Splendor that you want to get a little more out of? This guide will teach you exactly how you can root your device! In no time at all you’ll have root access on your LG Splendor, which will open the door to endless possibilities.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty. Proceed at your own risk.
This root guide is for the LG Splendor running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
Take note this will wipe all your files and data on your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
Before We Begin
Download the LG drivers and install them onto your PC (if you haven’t done so already). The LG Splendor USB drivers can be found at this link.
Your Canvas 2 needs to be in USB debugging mode. Go to Settings, then Developer options, and then check the box that says USB debugging.
Have your micro USB cable handy.
Download the root package, and extract it to a folder onto the desktop of your PC. The root package can be found by following this link.
How To Root LG Splendor
- Plug your LG Splendor to your PC using your micro USBcable.
- Check that you have USB debugging enabled.
- Navigate to the folder in which you extracted the root page to on your Desktop.
- Inside the root package, find a file named RunMe.bat and execute it. Select normal mode, and follow all the instructions that RunMe.bat tells you. Be sure you read every detail.
- After RunMe.bat finishes what it’s doing on your LG Splendor you’ll have root!
Enjoy a rooted LG Splendor.