How to root Karbonn Titanium S5 on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean [Guide]September 26, 2013 3 Email article | Print article
Have a Karbonn Titanium S5 that you want to get a little more out of? This guide will teach you exactly how you can root your device! In no time at all you’ll have root access on your Karbonn Titanium S5, which will open the door to endless possibilities.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty. Proceed at your own risk.
This root guide is for the Karbonn Titanium S5 running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Take note this will wipe all your files and data on your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
Before We Begin
You’ll need a micro USB cable handy.
Enable USB debugging on your Karbonn Titanium S5. Go to Settings, then Developer options, and then check the box that says USB debugging.
You’ll need to install your device’s USB drivers. The USB drivers for your Karbonn Titanium S5 can be found at this link.
How To Root Karbonn Titanium S5
- Download the rooting package and save it to the desktop of your PC. The root package is available for download here. Extract it to a folder called ‘motochopper’.
- After extracting motochopper.zip into the motochopper folder on your desktop, open the motochopper folder and look for a file called run.bat and run it.
- Once run.bat has been opened, it will display instructions that will guide you through the rooting process. Follow the instructions carefully.
- During the rooting process, you will be asked to accept a USB Debugging connection on your Karbonn Titanium S5. Select ‘ok’.
- Soon, your Karbonn Titanium S5 will reboot, and after it finishes rebooting you’ll have root access!
Enjoy a rooted Karbonn Titanium S5.