DooMLoRD’s original rooting toolkit could root a wide variety of Xperia devices, owing to the exploit ‘pref_event exploit‘. But, the exploit has been patched for the Sony Xperia Z (C6602/3) devices on the firmware 10.3.1.A.0.244/2.67. DooMLoRD has now found a way around of getting your Xperia Z on the same firmware rooted. Read on to find how you can get your Xperia Z on FW 10.3.1.A.0.244/2.67 rooted.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
This guide will help you to root your Sony Xperia Z (C6602/3) with firmware versions 10.3.1.A.0.244 / 10.3.1.A.2.67. Do not try this on any other device or firmware. Proceed at your own risk.
Before We Begin
- Download the Easy rooting toolkit by DooMLoRD.
- Download the kernel to be used for rooting (XperiaZ_C660X_KernelOnly_10.3.A.0.423_Generic_NL.ftf ).
- Download the proper kernel for your device depending on your current firmware version (XperiaZ_C660X_KernelOnly_10.3.1.A.2.67.ftf, XperiaZ_C660X_KernelOnly_10.3.1.A.0.244_BE.ftf).
- Install the USB drivers for your device, if you haven’t already done so.
- Download and install Sony Flash Tool on your computer.
Enable USB debugging in your Xperia Z.
How To Root Sony Xperia Z (FW 10.3.1.A.0.244 / 10.3.1.A.2.67)
- Connect your Xperia Z to your computer via a USB cable.
- Open the Sony Flash Tool which you had installed earlier on your computer.
- Now, here’s the main step for the way around. Just flash the rootable kernel (XperiaZ_C660X_KernelOnly_10.3.A.0.423_Generic_NL.ftf) to your device using the tool.
- When the flashing process is over, disconnect the USB cable and reboot your device.
- Now, close the Flash Tool (IMPORTANT!!)
- Plugin the device to your computer again.
- Extract the file DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v18_perf-event-exploit.zip to the location C:\ on your computer.
- Run the file runme_win.bat from the location you just extracted.
- After the rooting process is over, the phone will restart.
- Now, open your applications drawer and confirm that you now have the app ‘SuperSU’ installed on your device.
- Power off your device.
- Flash XperiaZ_C660X_KernelOnly_10.3.1.A.2.67.ftf or XperiaZ_C660X_KernelOnly_10.3.1.A.0.244_BE.ftf depending on the firmware you were first on.
- Disconnect the USB cable and power on your phone.
- Congrats! You have now successfully rooted your Sony Xperia Z!
Enjoy your rooted Xperia Z. Now you can go ahead and install root-only applications, enjoy advanced management permissions, and so on.