Have an LG Escape P870 that you’re looking to root? This guide will help you! Follow the instructions below and before you know it, your LG Escape P870 will be rooted and ready for custom ROMs and even some mods!
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
This root guide is for LG Escape P870 running Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
Before We Begin
- You’ll need to download the official LG Escape P870 USB drivers and install on your Windows PC, if you haven’t already.
- You’ll need to enable USB Debugging. Go to System settings, then Developer Options, and finally Debugging. Check the box next to USB Debugging.
- You’ll need to download the root package to your PC and extract the contents.
How To Root LG Escape P870
- Connect your device to your computer with USB cable.
- Find where you extracted the root contents and double-click the Rooting.bat file.
- Follow the instructions that the Rooting.bat file gives you inside the command prompt window. This is an automated process. Please be patient. DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR DEVICE.
- After a few minutes, your device should be rooted. Reboot your device if it does not do it automatically.
- As soon as your LG Escape P870 has finished rebooting, navigate into the Google Play Store and install BusyBox.
- After installation, run BusyBox and be sure to give BusyBox root access.
- After BusyBox has been given SuperUser access, you’ve successfully rooted your LG Escape P870.
Enjoy a rooted LG Escape P870.