Have a Pantech Flex that you want to get a little more out of? Say no more! This guide will teach you exactly how you can root your device! In no time at all you’ll have root access on your Flex, opening the door for custom roms, and even mods! Let’s get started!
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
This root guide is for the Pantech Flex P8010 running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
Before We Begin
Before we get started you’ll need to have a USB cable ready, a Windows based PC, and the Pantech USB drivers. The USB drivers for your Pantech Flex come with the Pantech PC Suite that you will need to install. You’ll also need to download the root package to your computer. The root package can be found here.
You’ll also need to enable USB debugging. Achieve this by navigating to the following place in the settings area of Android: Menu, then Settings, then Developer options and finally, check USB debugging.
How To Root Pantech Flex P8010
- Connect your Pantech Flex P8010 to your computer with your USB cable.
- Extract the root package you downloaded earlier on your PC.
- Find your way into the folder that you’ve extracted the .zip file into. Once you’ve made it inside the folder, look for RunMe.bat and open it.
- RunMe.bat will print the instructions on the screen of your PC. Be sure to read everything that it says and try not to overlook anything.
- Run the root in normal mode. This will start the rooting process.
- While the root process is running, you will see a ‘restore‘ option show up on your Pantech Flex. Select the restore option.
- After you select the restore option, your Pantech Flex will reboot two times.
- Once your device finishes rebooting for the second time, you will have gained root access!
Enjoy a rooted Pantech Flex!