Have a MyPhone A919i Duo that you want to get a little more out of? This guide will teach you exactly how you can root your device! In no time at all you’ll have root access on your MyPhone A919i Duo, which will open the door to endless possibilities.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty. Proceed at your own risk.
This root guide is for the MyPhone A919i Duo running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
Take note this will wipe all your files and data on your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
Before We Begin
Download the MyPhone A919i Duo drivers and install them onto your PC (if you haven’t done so already). The MyPhone A919i Duo USB drivers can be found at this link.
Your MyPhone A919i Duo needs to be in USB debugging mode. Go to Settings, then Developer options, and then check the box that says USB debugging.
Have your micro USB cable handy.
Download the root package, and extract it to a folder onto the desktop of your PC. Name this folder ‘motochopper’. The root package can be found by following this link.
How To Root MyPhone A919i Duo
- Connect your MyPhone A919i Duo to your PC using the micro USB cable.
- Check and make sure that you have USB debugging enabled.
- Navigate to the motochopper folder located on your Desktop and find a file named run.bat.
- Execute run.bat and follow the instructions that appear on the screen. Read them very carefully.
- Once rooted, reboot into Android, open the Google Play Store and update the SuperSU app as it is outdated.
Enjoy a rooted MyPhone A919i Duo.