Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty. Proceed at your own risk.
This root guide is applicable only for AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (model number SM-N900A). Please be careful to only try this on that device. Proceed at your own risk.
Before We Begin
Before starting off with the guide, get yourself ready with the following:
- Download and install Samsung Galaxy Note 3 drivers (if you haven’t done so already). Restart your PC after the driver installation.
- Download Root_de_la_Vega.7z (2.2GB file) to your computer. Extract this file to obtain 5 files (Root_de_la_Vega.zip, Root_de_la_Vega.tar, N900AUCUBMI1_OneClickBin.exe, Odin3 v3.09.exe, and Odin3.ini).
How To Root AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- Remove the external sdcard, in case you have one.
- Switch off the device.
- Take out the battery and the USB cable (if its already plugged in).
- Wait for about 10 seconds and re-insert the battery.
- Boot into Download Mode by keeping the ‘Volume Down’, ‘Home’ and ‘Power’ buttons pressed (Volume Down + Home + Power), until you see a Warning! screen. Then, press the ‘Volume Up’ button to enter Download mode.
- Open the file N900AUCUBMI1_OneClickBin.exe, which you had extracted earlier.
- Plug-in the device to your computer using a USB cable.
- After you plug-in the device, the box at the top of Odin (the application you just ran), will turn yellow and the message ‘Added’ should appear in the message box in Odin.
- Click Start and wait for the process to finish.
- Wait till your device restarts.
- Plug out the USB cable.
- Enter into Download Mode again, as earlier.
- Now, open the file Odin3 v3.09.exe.
- Connect the device to your computer.
- Now, the first box at the top of Odin, i.e, ID:COM will turn yellow and the message ‘Added’ should appear in the message box in Odin.
- On the Odin window, click on ‘AP‘ and select the file ‘Root_de_la_Vega.tar‘.
- Take care not to change any other setting.
- Click on the Start button to start the flashing.
- Wait till the process finishes and “PASS” status is displayed in Odin.
- Wait for the device to reboot.
- Extract the contents of Root_de_la_Vega.zip to obtain:
- root_files (folder)
- Copy these 2 files to the ROOT of your device’s internal sdcard.
- Restart your device.
- After your device has restarted successfully, delete the 2 files which you had just placed in the root of your device’s internal sdcard.
- Now, restart your device again to complete the rooting process!
- You may now insert back your external sdcard.
Enjoy your rooted sweet AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3!