Having a live clock widget on your home screen could take up space. So instead of filling your home screen with unnecessary widgets, why don’t you just opt for a customizable wallpaper app such as the Sense Clock Live Wallpaper for Android? This app will not only display your favorite image as wallpaper, it will also display the current time and date.
What Is It and What Does It Do
Sense Clock Live Wallpaper is a free live wallpaper app for Android. Unlike those typical wallpaper apps, the main purpose of this app is to display any custom image as your home screen wallpaper. Aside from that, this app is also designed to display other important details such as the current time, date, weather and even your phone’s remaining battery level.
To enable this app, all you need to do is to launch it from the app drawer. You can also configure its settings by going to Settings > Display > Wallpaper > Live Wallpaper > Sense Clock LWP. After which, you’re free to use any image from your phone’s default gallery as your wallpaper. You can also select your desired clock format and clock font color.
- Easy to configure, responsive and stable
- Custom wallpapers – you’re free to choose the image or photo that you want to use as your home screen wallpaper
- You can crop the image that you want to use as wallpaper
- If you don’t want to use any image, you can just select your preferred background color
- Aside from showing your preferred wallpaper, this app will also display the current time and date. You can also opt to display the remaining battery level as well as the temperature and the latest weather update
- Custom user preferences – ex. clock format, font format, font shadow format, show/hide battery, show/hide weather, color transparency, etc.
- You can customize each item’s (date, time, battery, temperature) appearance
- Won’t drain your phone or tablet’s battery
- You cannot change or update your font’s size, style or position
- You cannot customize your live clock wallpaper in such a way that the date and time would just appear on the main home screen (multiple home screen settings)
- You cannot switch the theme to display an analog clock instead of a digital clock
Out of the many live clock wallpapers that I’ve tried on my smartphone, I could say that Sense Clock Live Wallpaper does a really good job. One of its best features is its custom user preferences. It is also very easy to configure plus it’s very responsive and it doesn’t lag or crash for some unknown reason.
What’s great about this app is that it uses the photos in your phone’s default gallery so you’re free to choose the photo that you want to set as your home screen wallpaper. It also has a built-in photo cropping feature so if a photo appears to be too large to fit your home screen, you can just crop it according to your liking.
Aside from setting your custom wallpaper, Sense Clock Live Wallpaper will also display the time and the date. These two items will permanently appear alongside with your wallpaper and if you want to add more features, you can opt to show the latest weather update as well as your phone’s remaining battery level.
Another notable feature of this app is that you can customize the appearance of each item. Say, for example, if you want to change the font color of the days of the week, you can simply go the app’s settings. Since this app is very easy to customize, you’re free to add some personal touches to your home screen wallpaper.
So far, I haven’t experienced any problems with this app. As a matter of fact, it exceeds my expectations and it really does better than the other live clock wallpapers that I’ve installed on my Android phone. It’s just that it could have been way better if it has options for customizing the font size, style and location. It also lacks the option for setting different wallpapers on multiple home screens. Nonetheless, the absence of these features doesn’t make the app less desirable.
Conclusion and Download Link
If you want to liven up your home screen, I highly recommend that you try Sense Clock Live Wallpaper. It’s basically a wallpaper and a clock widget in one so you don’t have to download separate apps just to get the features that you want. It’s also very stable plus it won’t eat up your phone’s battery (at least, it won’t eat up your battery any more than other live wallpapers). All in all, I can say that Sense Clock Live Wallpaper performs way better than the other live clock wallpapers in the market and I gladly recommend it.
Version reviewed: 1.0.10
Requires: Android 2.3.3 and up
Download size: 637KB