If you happen to own the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 WiFi, and are looking for a safe and easy way to install a custom recovery on it and gain root, here’s a detailed step by step guide which will walk you through the process of how you can root your beloved Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 WiFi.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful how to. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty. Installing custom recovery many void your warranty.
This root guide is meant for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 WiFi, model numbers SM-T210 (International) or SM-T210R (USA), running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware. You can confirm the model number by going to Settings > About Device on your phone or by checking the packaging box labels. Do not try this method on any other variants of the Galaxy Tab 3
BEFORE WE BEGIN
Download the following Rooting package, based on your device model number and save it to your desktop
PART 1 – INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 3 7.0 WiFi
- First of all, download and install the Samsung USB drivers on your PC
- Next download the root package for your device from above, You should get a file named android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip
- Connect your phone to PC via USB cable and transfer the android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip file to the internal memory of your phone
- Download the ODIN package and extract it to your desktop too
- Download the TWRP Recovery package and extract the zip file to your desktop. You should get a file with a .tar.md5 extension
- Disconnect the phone and power it off
- Open the ODIN folder you extracted in Step 4 and run the Odin3 exe file as administrator
- Now power on your phone while pressing the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time. This will boot your phone into Download Mode
- Now plug in your phone to the PC. You should see an Added! message in the Odin window
- Click the PDA button in ODIN and load the TWRP Recovery tar file from your desktop
- Leave everything else in ODIN as it is. Check screenshot below for confirmation
- Double-check everything in ODIN and click the Start button to start flashing the CWM recovery image on to your device
- Once the flashing is complete, you should see a Green PASS message at the top left in ODIN. It is now safe to disconnect your phone. TWRP Recovery has been flashed on your device
PART 2 – ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 3 7.0 WiFi
- Power off your phone
- Reboot to TWRP Recovery. To do so press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Powerbuttons together. Release them when you see the TWRP screen.
- Tap Install on the TWRP Main Menu, and on the next screen select the
- You should now see a bunch of folders and files. These are the contents of your internal SD card. Locate the Android-armeabi.universial-root.zip file you copied over to the phone memory earlier tap on it
- On the next screen, swipe the blue circle to the right to confirm the flash
- Wait for TWRP to flash the root package
- Once done, Tap Reboot System to boot back into Android
- After your phone has booted up fully, open the App drawer and look for the SuperSU app.
- Congratulations!! Your Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 now has full root access as well as the custom TWRP Recovery installed!
Enjoy your rooted device. You are all set now to explore the world of root apps and custom ROMs. Cheers!!