If you happen to have picked up one of these, and are looking for an easy to execute method to root the device, you’ve come to just the right place. Read on to know how you can root the Samsung Galaxy Star Duos.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful how to. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
This guide is intended for the Samsung Galaxy Star Duos, model number GT-S5282 , running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Please do not try it with any other models. You can check your device model number by going to Settings > About Device on your phone, or by checking the labels on the packaging box.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
A few things to download and be ready with before you go ahead and root your device:
- Samsung USB Drivers – Download and install on your computer
- Cydia Impactor Tool – Windows | Mac | Linux
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY STAR DUOS GT-S5282
- Download and install the Samsung USB drivers on your PC
- Download and extract the Cydia Impactor zip to your desktop
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone by going to Settings > Developer Options
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Run Cydia Impactor on your computer
- In Cydia Impactor, select # drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su from the drop-down menu and then click Start to begin the rooting process.
- Once the process is complete, disconnect your phone and reboot once
- Once the phone has booted up, download and install SuperSU from the Play Store
- Launch SuperSU, and update the binaries if prompted
Congratulations!! Your Samsung Galaxy Star Duos is now rooted, and you can proceed to try out several apps available specially for rooted devices. Cheers!!