It’s easy to create notes and memos on Android. You just need to find the right memo or note-taking app that would best suit your needs and preferences. As a matter of fact, some devices are already equipped with stock memo apps but what if you want a more advanced app with checklists and reminders? Well, you can try ColorNote – a simple yet efficient notepad app for Android.
What Is It and What Does It Do
ColorNote is a simple yet efficient notepad app for Android tablets and smartphones. With this app, you can create all sorts of notes, checklists, reminders and even memos. It also flaunts a neatly-designed user interface that lets you create notes of different colors. In addition, this app also supports data backup, sync and note sharing. You can also lock your notes with a master password.
- Easy to use, neatly-designed user interface
- Fast, stable and responsive, flaunts three classic themes – default, soft and dark
- Features a wide range of tools and options
- Ideal for creating notes, memos, checklists, to-do lists and reminders
- Has an integrated calendar
- You can create notes of different colors – you can also sort out your notes by modified time, created time, color, reminder time or in alphabetical order
- You can view all of your notes in four different modes – list mode, grid mode, details mode and large grid mode
- You can lock your notes with a master password
- Supports data backup and sync – you can save a backup copy of your notes to your SD card, you can also sync your notes online using your Google or Facebook account
- Built-in sharing options – easily share your notes to others via Bluetooth, SMS, email, clipboard, etc.
- Has a built-in search tool with voice support – you can also open links or search the web using keywords right within the app
- You can send notes to your archives
- Customizable user settings/options, supports home screen widgets
- Lacks the option for selecting multiple notes at once; it would also be nice if this app could add support for other platforms – ex. Chrome, Windows, Mac, etc.
I’ve been constantly in the lookout for more noteworthy apps and I’m glad that I happen to stumble upon ColorNote. It’s a great app for simple and advanced note-taking as it has almost all of the tools and features that you’ll need in a notepad app. It can create notes, checklists, reminders, memos, etc. Plus, you can even secure your notes with a master password. You can lock notes separately. Just remember that there’s no way for you to recover your forgotten password.
What I like most about this app is that it’s fast, stable, responsive and feature-packed. It also makes it very easy for you send notes to other devices and vice versa. If your friend also uses ColorNote, you can just send your notes via email, Bluetooth, etc.
When using this app, you can opt to create notes of multiple colors. You can also create checklists and to-do lists. When creating reminders, you can indicate the time and date for your alarm. You can also set the alarm to repeat at a certain time interval. If you want to create memos, then you can simply add the app’s widget to your home screen. The choice is yours.
Another notable feature of this app is its ability to automatically sync your notes across multiple devices. This option is great especially if you’re using two or more Android devices. It can also help you recover your notes if ever you encounter some serious issues with your phone or tablet. Aside from this, ColorNote also supports auto and secure backup. It can create a backup copy of your notes to your SD card.
All in all, I can say that I really like using this app. It is very efficient to use. It’s great for simple and advanced note-taking. It also provides all of the essential tools and features that you’ll need in a note-taking app. Even so, it could have been much better if it also allows its users to select, delete or share multiple notes at once. It would also be great if this app becomes available on other platforms such as Windows, Chrome and Firefox.
Conclusion and Download Link
ColorNote is a very reliable note-taking tool. It is one of the best free Android notepad apps in the market so instead of settlling for a mediocre notepad and memo app, better go ahead and give this app a try.
Version reviewed: Varies with device
Requires: Varies with device
Download size: Varies with device