Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. Ashraf and dotTech are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
This procedure will only work on Windows, so you’ll need access to that OS to root the Huawei Ascend P7.
Don’t forget that rooting your device will void your warranty. If an unrooting procedure is available, that can restore your warranty.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download ‘Root Genius‘, a download link of which can be found in the first page of that linked thread.
HOW TO ROOT THE HUAWEI ASCEND P7
To root the Huawei Ascend P7, follow the steps below:
- Allow ‘USB debugging’ on the device by heading over to Menu, Settings, Developer options then USB debugging.
- Connect the Huawei Ascend P7 to your PC via USB cable.
- Choose ‘HiSuite’ as a connection type for your device.
- Launch the ‘Root Genius’ executable.
- Click on the ‘Root’ button to begin the rooting process of your device.
- Your device has successfully been rooted, congrats!
To verify that you’ve successfully rooted the Huawei Ascend P7, you can download Root Checker from the Play Store to verify it. Enjoy your rooted Huawei Ascend P7!