Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. Ashraf and dotTech are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
Don’t forget that rooting your device will void your warranty.
This is for the D850, D855, F400, VS985 versions of the LG G3 on Android 4.2.2.
This procedure requires a Windows PC.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the required drivers for your PC, which can be found here.
- Download ‘iOroot‘, a link of which can be found in the first post of that link. Save it on your PC.
HOW TO ROOT THE LG G3
To root the LG G3, follow the steps below:
- Extract the files from iOroot, by right-clicking it and clicking on ‘Select Here’.
- Enable USB debugging on the LG G3 by heading over to Menu, Settings, Developer options then USB debugging on your device.
- Plug your LG G3 to your PC via USB cable.
- Launch ioroot.bat by double clicking on it.
- Follow the instructions displayed on-screen to begin and complete the rooting process of your device.
- Your device has successfully been rooted, congrats!
To verify that you’ve successfully rooted the LG G3, you can download Root Checker from the Play Store to verify it. Enjoy your rooted LG G3!