Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. Ashraf and dotTech are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
Don’t forget that rooting your device will void your warranty.
This procedure requires a Windows PC.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Install the Samsung drivers needed for your PC to recognize your device. Alternatively, you can download Samsung Kies.
- Download ‘Odin_v3.07.zip‘
- Download ‘T110.CWM.v22.214.171.124.tar.md5’, which can be found here.
- Download ‘android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip’, which can be found here.
HOW TO INSTALL CUSTOM RECOVERY ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 3 LITE 7.0
To install custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite 7.0, follow the steps below:
- Enable USB debugging on your device by heading over to Settings then Developer options. Developer mode can be activated by tapping your device’s build number in the About phone section of Settings.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB then copy over ‘android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip’ to your device’s internal or external memory’s root folder.
- Turn off your device and disconnect it from your PC.
- Boot your device into Download mode by holding down on the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons at the same until you see a screen, then press the Volume Up button.
- Extract the contents of ‘Odin_v3.07.zip’ to a folder in your PC’s desktop.
- Launch the Odin executable.
- Uncheck the Auto Reboot tick box and check only the F. Reset Time tick box on Odin.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB cable. The ID:COM should indicate that your device has been recognized by displaying the message “ADDED!”
- Click on PDA on Odin, then select T110.CWM.v126.96.36.199.tar.md5 which you downloaded in the previous section.
- Click on Start to begin the flashing process of ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Once you see the “RES OK!” message, you can now reboot your device into custom recovery by pressing the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together, then letting go only the Power button when the Samsung logo appears.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 3 LITE 7.0
Then, to root the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite 7.0, follow the steps below:
- When you’re booted into recovery, select the ‘install zip from sdcard’ option by navigating with the volume buttons and using the home button to select it.
- Select ‘android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip’, which you copied over in the first section.
- Select Yes.
- When the flashing process is complete, head back to the main menu then select ‘reboot system now’.
- Your device has successfully been rooted, congrats!
To verify that you’ve successfully rooted the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite 7.0, you can download Root Checker from the Play Store to verify it. Enjoy your rooted Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite 7.0!