There are a lot of apps and services out there that lets you chat online. Facebook Messenger is a good example. There’s also Line, Kik, Viber, Line, Skype and even Yahoo! Messenger. You just have to choose the service that you like the most.
However, most of these services will require you to log in and create an account. Therefore, you cannot chat anonymously. You have to at least show your username and profile photo.
So what if you want to start a private and encrypted chat without feeling burdened about revealing your true identity? What if you want to send photos and not just pure text messages? If that is the case, then you can use this securing messaging service with image sharing support called “Cyph”.
How to use Cyph to start a private chat with secure image sharing
- On your web browser, click here to open the homepage of Cyph.
- Once you’re on Cyph, click the “Start New Cyph” button.
- You will then be given a private chat link that you can share to anyone that you want to chat. Just remember that the link will expire in exactly ten minutes after your get it.
- Once your friend clicks the chat link, the secure chat interface will automatically open.
- Just type your message on the text box and press “Enter” to send.
- If you want to send an image, just click the image icon on the right side of the text box.
- With Cyph, your messages will be automatically encrypted. It’s still on its beta version right now so you can’t expect a lot of features. Still, it’s a pretty neat online service for secure chats.
- Now, if you want to view how your messages appears to outsiders (people who are trying to intercept your chats), just click the “Show Cyphertext” button on the left menu.
That’s it. You’re done.